Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Holiday Cottage  (Read 4798 times)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Holiday Cottage
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:47:37 am »
We managed to get the holiday cottage finished just in time for the first guests last Saturday!  Hubby was just finishing painting the outside wall one side as I was welcoming them at the front.  Hubby likes to think that it was planned to perfection.....I was getting a little concerned it wasn't going to be finished in time!! lol

Really pleased with how it looks and the guests love it.

If you would like to take a look, the company we have it with has it on their website.   www.holidaycottages.co.uk.  The property code is fordm. 

They run on 'Devon' time, so there is still a little 'tweaking' to do with the write up and pictures.....See if you can spot the spelling mistake!

Please let me know what you think.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: Holiday Cottage
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:29:04 am »
 How lovely it looks. maybe next year. We are having two months in australia this winter so can't really afford anything else. Good luck anyway!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:40:36 am »
Thank you Sheila.......Two months in Australia, how fantastic! 

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 02:02:22 pm »
To anyone wishing to take an UK holiday this year,I can thoroughly reccommend North Devon. I was born in Bideford,went to Grenville College and run the Kings Arms pub on the quay for a year. Appledore,Instow,Croyde,Baggy Point and the pannier markets in both Bideford and Barnstaple are worth a visit. Clovelly down the road (owned by an old school mate) and Hartland for fossil hunting,the whole area has loads to offer with some fantastic restaurants,family days out and history. Oh,and the local beer is something to behold too. Good luck with your gite........ Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 02:30:58 pm »
Thank you Mr Ree.....Just beginning to explore the area myself, and loving every minute.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 02:32:58 pm »
....and anyone who does visit the area anytime, you're welcome to pop in.

Would be nice to put some faces to the names on here  :)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 05:50:22 pm »
It looks lovely- beautifully finished.

Beth

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 03:38:55 pm »
Thank you Beth, I'm really pleased how it has turned out.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 06:02:21 pm »
You have done a lovely job of the cottage - it looks really nice and welcoming.  I am sure it will be popular.  A friend of ours has stayed in a cottage in your area, and has emailed pics of all the places she has been.....looks a stunning area.  One I have yet to visit, but hope to one day.  Probably not just yet, with all my livestock requiring attention!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 06:14:52 pm »
Thank you Roxy.  It really is a stunning area, I'm enjoying getting out and about exploring different places.

The holiday cottages company that I'm with has done a good job and we are now booked until 29th August, which is brilliant.

My second lot of guests arrive tomorrow.  It's quite exciting welcoming the new people. 

sandy

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 10:00:20 pm »
Very very very nice, almost too nice!!!! Before we moved to Scotland we wer buying a very pretty chocolate box house in a small hamlet not too far from loe in Cornwall, our house sal fell through so we then decided to move to Scotland, home of my ancestors and have absolutly no regrets, it was meant to be.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 07:03:29 am »
It is strange how things always work out for the best.

I had a lot of ups and downs with selling my previous house...even ended up living in a caravan for 2 years after what I thought was my dream home purchase fell through!  But once I found this place I knew it was all for a reason.

This definitely feels like 'home' now.....They will have to carry me out in a box to get me to move again!! lol

Actually quite enjoyed the caravan, although it was a bit of a challenge with two teenage boys, a husband and 2 basset hounds!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS