Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Golden Guernsey Goats  (Read 12479 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Golden Guernsey Goats
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 02:43:30 pm »
Spoke with Mrs Dickinson and both girls have been injected against Blue Tongue. The girl she had I told you about that could not walk on her front legs since giving birth was put to sleep the other day she told me.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 11:36:06 pm »
It does depend on the goat James- some have feet that grow very fast. Some of my AN's have shocking feet if I even leave for only a month. However, that said- I would always cut feet before I sold an animal (unless they were only wee kids). When we had Sandra's goats staying to vist the billy I even made sure I cut her own goats feet immediately before they went back.

Beth

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 03:41:00 pm »
Well all the feet are now back to how they should be, Lottie stood quite the thing.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 11:40:43 am »
Look at the motherly love...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 07:44:19 pm »
How sweet!

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 02:20:02 pm »
How are you getting on with your goats, you lucky thing.  I want goats but can't at the moment.  I have too busy a schedule and have to pay bills.  Would love to know about your experience.
Roslyn  :chook:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 03:52:12 pm »
All my goats are doing very well thanks. I started with 2 Pygmy goats 3 years ago and from there it has just grown, I now have 13. I think these animals are the most amazing pets you can keep, all mine are pets. They share their space with geese, ducks, hens and miniature shetland ponies and there is never any problems. I think they are loving, nosey, cheeky, boysterous, greedy and incredibly friendly and social. I enjoy all time I spend with them and they are so desperate for your attention. I would happily have many more goats and don't understand these people that say they are more trouble than they are worth. :)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »
I too have 13 goats, and think they are lovely!!  OK, they can escape, climb walls but they all are little characters, and I could spend hours just watching them!!

Its sad that all of my goats have come to me because their owner either did not want them any longer, or circumstances stopped them keeping goats.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 09:05:16 pm »
James,

I've been meaning to say, I know someone in Perthshire who has borrowed a Golden Guernsey male for a few months to put her females into kid. Just thought you might be tempted to put in your milker. I can give you her number if you are interested.

Beth

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 10:02:19 pm »
Thanks Beth but my girl had a kid this year so have to give her time off and the kid is still too young. I bet had I wanted this to happen I would have strggled to find a male locally, cheers Beth. :)

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 07:46:43 pm »
I love Golden Guernsey goats and kept 2 billy's back when we lived in the UK, really friendly and amusing creatures.

Had awful trouble when I tried rehoming them and was told to put them to sleep (by the Golden Guernsey Society) as there are far too many billy's about and they weren't castrated.

I did keep them in the end until the end of their days as they were wonderful pets and great company for my horses.
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 11:19:56 pm »
My 2 GG's are beautiful and placid. They are mother and daughter, Lottie is over 2 and Lulu 6 months. They are very calm and gentle although the youngster gets in tow with my 2 Toggenburg kids I have (who must be about 8 months old now) and ends up getting herself in trouble from time to time.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS