Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: interesting? russ??  (Read 6229 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: interesting? russ??
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »
We only moved once and kept the money in the bank for a while and that was our last move when we rented a lovely farm cottage with indoor water features, depending on what happens when we move we should exchange money the same day, still as long as it goes IN a bank it can be used, I doubt people are putting any in banks in Greece or Cyprus, not even for a min, better off giving it the local Mafia    :innocent:   :thinking: but thinking about it, I hope that its not on the books just yet in the UK  :fc: Not sure how  you can transfer large sums of money other than using banks or a some one with a violin case?

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 06:41:12 pm »
there are lots of ways to convert cash and move it about. Just ask anyone working in high end stores in London.
Also - cars. When I lived in the Uk I sold a car to a chap and (his 3 enormous mates) from Cyprus. I agreed to the transaction on the condition that he be with me as we paid the holder full of cash into my bank. I had warned the bank who advised me not to do the deal. They set 3 people on counting and scanning the cash but gave up the scanning after a while and did the odd random check. It was a new and expensive car and these guys did not look like the types to drive it ( they were too big). My guess was that they were buying several cars to ship in one lot from Southampton.
Gold and gems worn as you leave the country are a simple way to move money too.

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 06:53:29 pm »
Reminds me of once when my husband went into a shop to sort his bike out, I walked around the area for  a while then stood outside a Bonsi shop with just one little tree in the window, I then saw 3 big bold blokes come out and check me out!! not sure if they were the shop keepers or customers but they certainly did not look like the type  you mess with, this was in a back street in Northampton, never went back there again ::)
But then its knowing who to sell them too and getting the right price, I never seem to be good at selling for a profit, tied my hand at E Bay  :innocent: , lots of people are investing in stuff these days!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 09:59:08 pm »
In France you must declare ALL bank accounts and overseas financial activity.
They've just passed a law in Spain to this effect - all property owned outwith Spain must be reported.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

deepinthewoods

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:21 pm »
i, am pretty aspirational, and i could fore see a time when i have 100k in a bank account, give me 5 yrs or so. i truly cannot believe that this has actually happened. as far as i can work out if youve got 100k in a cypriot bank account you just lost 30%.
 as a normal citizen, your going to have trouble using even a debit card.

it has already been mentioned that this sets a precedent and if they can do it once they can do it again. they froze the banks ffs.

imagine if they froze the banks here.

maks right.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:29 pm »
France is after every Euro it can find - thus people giving up their nationality and becoming a "Belgium". If things do degenerate then will there be even more movement around Europe. As DITW says if you are aspirational and there is a threat of loosing your money then why not move or order some BITCOINS. Amazing that to be aspirational means becoming a Belgium ( oops - not PC - sorry).
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS