Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Happy Lamb still poorly, running out of ideas  (Read 1645 times)

JMB

• Joined Apr 2011
Happy Lamb still poorly, running out of ideas
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:34:50 pm »
Hi. Happy Lamb, who is actually nearly one but still a baby heb to me, is still ill.
Thanks to all for your advice on previous post. His bottle jaw is a bit better but he is still not eating much. I stabled him until today but decided to let him out with the others today, thinking he might join in their feed, or graze a bit. He had a handful of corn from me.
But he looks lethargic and out of sorts. Should I stable him again?
The vet did a poo test on the others and it came back clear.
She advised not to refluke him.
She suggested that as Happy Lambs twin, Biffy, is so much bigger than him ( he's always been a mite) that he may have always had an underlying problem that's just manifested itself. Could that be right?
I'm now at a loss and feel like I'm just waiting. Tried all methods to get his appetite back but no success.
Could have a blood test but not sure if I'd gain much.
Not really sure what I'm asking. But if you have any ideas they'd be welcome
Thanks, Joanne xxxxxx

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: Happy Lamb still poorly, running out of ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:01:37 pm »
You could ask for a shot of pain relief for him to see if it is pain causing his lethargy. I'm not saying he is in pain but often the only way to tell is to try an analgesic. If it isn't that it shouldn't hurt him, but if he improves markedly then you know.
Not the normal protocol I'm sure but for a pet who I assume isn't headed for the food chain I reckon it's worth a go ;)
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

JMB

• Joined Apr 2011
Re: Happy Lamb still poorly, running out of ideas
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:38 pm »
Anything is worth a go! I hate to see him so miserable.
Thank you xxxx
I also meant to ask - if he is recovering from fluke, am I bring impatient? Should I be expecting a slow recovery and alot of TLC for sometime to come?
Xxxx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS