Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for Jacob Sheep  (Read 2541 times)

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
Looking for Jacob Sheep
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:24 am »
Hi all  -  we are looking for pedigree Jacob sheep, preferably 2 ewes with lambs at foot.  We are in Norfolk where there seems to be the grand choice of 1 breeder!  We are prepared to travel but our closest potential at the moment is either the Cotswolds or York area.   ???

Does anyone know of any possibilities nearer?  We have tried some breeders on the Jacob Sheep Society website but with a negative response or no response at all!

Thanks  -  donna

BALLOCH

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Looking for Jacob Sheep
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 02:40:04 pm »
HI i have a reg ewe lamb but im in aberdeenshire scotland so miles away,pity

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:30:18 pm »
There may only be one breeder listed on the society page but there are lots in every area,
Do you want 2horn or 4horn?
Pedigree or pet?
Improved or ornamental?
Do you like lots of black spots or just a black neck and shoulder?
Iv just had a pair of twin ewe lambs this morning off my Compton ewe from Angela Gilbert in Devon.

If you are on Facebook you can look up my flock at Ehwaz Croft produce, if you give me a like I can put you in touch with other breeders who may be able to offer what you are looking for.

Reg henderson

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:19:20 pm »
A lot of people on here looking for sheep just now , think most are under 2 feet of snow  :roflanim:

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 10:14:51 pm »
A lot of people on here looking for sheep just now , think most are under 2 feet of snow  :roflanim:

:roflanim:  :roflanim:  :roflanim:

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 10:24:44 pm »
Hi MKay - we don't have a preference for 2 or 4 horn at the moment.  We would be happy to buy pedigree and will rear for meat and further breeding. 

At the moment we have a small amount of land that we rent.  In the longer term we are hoping to get a small farm - we will know about that by the end of May.  If that doesn't come off then we are quite likely to sell up and find ourselves a smallholding.  Whichever way things turn out we will be starting off gaining experience and don't need to 'make any profit' - in the longer term we may need to get some sort of income, even if it is just feeding ourselves!!

Donna

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS