Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: rant! thought there was a credit crunch  (Read 12280 times)

lara

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: rant! thought there was a credit crunch
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 10:03:17 pm »
I think we've all lost the plot  ;)

sandy

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »
Yup!!! :yum: :dunce:

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2009, 02:29:10 pm »
We run a groundworks company and we dont get back on small jobs that quick as they dont pay!  So many evening when everyone else has their feet up watching the box we are pricing up jobs that people ask for and then come back with "I got a quote for £50 from Dave up the road" F.I.H you let us spend telephone calls and our precious evenings pricing up for a job that unemployed Dave can do for £50 when our min day charge is £250 less materials!  Its fustrating as saying FREE QUOTES drags all and sundry to pop around to see a job that no way in this world can they afford.

ANyway a job has to worth while if its a full day and we dont charge less if its only half etc as we still have to pay for the plant, salaries etc.  The reason why builders arent getting back is because it not worth their while they want big jobs that pay and cover their employees.  You have to make a profit too which everyone forgets so they realise by the time they get the concrete delivered etc you have to add a min £200 per day profit. So the job quote is high. We dont care whether its a credit crunch or not our jobs have to pay well.

You'd be better off finding an add job man or a garden landscapers as this doenst sound like a job for a qualified builder.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS