Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Switching to Lambivac..  (Read 2380 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Switching to Lambivac..
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:02:01 pm »
I want to switch the 2 of my goats that have always been HeptavacP'd to lambivac, they were done last in December 2012 but I know current research shows that lambivac is the preferred option.
DO I need to wait till December to give them lambivac (and I assume its 2 doses 4-6 wks apart?) or can it be sooner please?
it was handy at the time as the sheep had it!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Switching to Lambivac..
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:24:53 pm »
Lambivac is a 6-monthly booster after the initial 2 doses, 4 - 6 weeks apart. If they had a Heptavac booster in Dec I would start on the Lambivac double course in April and then booster just before they are being mated again, so you have a roughly 6 monthly interval with boostering again three weeks before kidding.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Switching to Lambivac..
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:34:59 pm »
Brilliant, thank you.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS