Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Member map  (Read 3145 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Member map
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:22:18 pm »
Just a reminder, as a result of a post on another thread, that there is a member map that you can put your pin in so that members can see where other members are located  :)

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: Member map
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »
I love this idea Rosemary, but last year we moved house and i can't work out how to change my location, can it be done?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »
I love this idea Rosemary, but last year we moved house and i can't work out how to change my location, can it be done?

Um, I'm sure it can. I'll ask The Great One (that's Dan, btw).

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:13:17 pm »

Um, I'm sure it can. I'll ask The Great One (that's Dan, btw).

Use this link  ;D http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »
you have to click on the old pin and it goes away and then you can add a new one...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:46:56 am »
And if you want to stay in touch with locals TASers but keep a little security don't put your pin exactly where you are, just move it a wee bit away - you're still local enough for other TASers to contact you
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:47 am »
Ummm... I did have a look at the member map recently, and it seems to show a random subset of people.  It definitely does not show everyone whose location does come up on a map when you look at their profile.  I did wonder whether it just takes you off the member map if you move your location pin?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 01:32:58 pm »
Ah, think it was me who brought that up as being a handy thing to have - didn't realise there was already one, sorry Rosemary  ::)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 10:34:06 pm »
I didn't put a pin in the map but it's there.  I also didn't put one on my profile but that appeared as well.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 08:21:03 am »
I didn't put a pin in the map but it's there.  I also didn't put one on my profile but that appeared as well.

Are you absolutely sure? The map's been on the site since very early days (since the old, green forum in fact). The only way it could happened otherwise is if someone knew your username and password...  :-\

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS