Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sick rabbit  (Read 9249 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Sick rabbit
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »
I am so sorry about your rabbit, and no you are definitely not a wimp, you are just a very caring person, who loves their animals.

I have had animals all my life, and they mean the world to me.  I always dread it when they get ill, or old and have to be taken to the vet for the final time.  I do still get upset, and probably the worst to deal with is my horses.  At the beginning of the year I lost my oldest horse who I had on the farm with me for 32 years.  Having her shot  when she got down was hard. 

But I know that my animals have had a long and happy life, and I always think that this is the last thing we can do for them, hard as it is for us, its the kindest thing for them.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Sick rabbit
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 10:40:08 pm »
Thanks Roxy. Our animals are all much loved members of our family so we do get very attached. Some people think this weird but that's just how it is with us and millions of other people. I often worry about what happens to all these animals (all 47 of them) if we ever had to leave this place, we would always have to have a massive garden I guess!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS