Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost 2 indian runner ducks in 3 days  (Read 6645 times)

Mel

Re: Lost 2 indian runner ducks in 3 days
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 08:53:47 am »
There definitely isn't anything living in the pond and we haven't used any insecticide since we got here a year ago.
Actually the geese were left to us by the previous owners, along with a pair of ducks. Not long after we arrived the drake went missing. We thought it was probably a fox but there were no feathers. At that time we didn't think to look in the pond. It isn't particularly accessable to me as the banks are steep and I steer clear of the area because the geese aren't friendly to humans either. A short while after that the duck was injured, a bad foot, from which she hasn't recovered but gets about by limping. I decided to get her some company a few months later, hence the Indian runner ducks.
Now I am wondering if the drake was got at by the geese too and maybe the duck but she survived.
Hmmm, strange goings on

It is, especially the blood on the legs, it just seems very odd only the Gander I had always went for the top part of the body, never the legs, he had even pulled feathers out.
I'm not sure whether you would see traces of a fox taking them, their feathers are much tighter than a chickens,though I would not dismiss other drakes either, or even wild ones.

My drakes drowned some ducks,but there was never any blood, it is all very peculiar, I hope you manage to find out what has been causing it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS