Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pond management  (Read 5295 times)

Dicky

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: Pond management
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 08:59:34 pm »
Be careful what you put in if your newts are great crested.  You are not supposed to put any fish in with them as the fish will eat the baby newts.  There are quite strict rules about interfering with great crested newt habitats.

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
Re: Pond management
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:01 am »
Hi

At this point I am unaware that there is anything living in the pond, when we bought the place the estate agent told us there were loads of different types of fish in the pond (on the market for 2 years in all and sold previously in that time), so we were a little surprised to find nothing, we were told by a neighbour that a van had come along the lane looking for this address saying they had come to look at some fish and we know there was a tenant in the annex who we were told felt she was owed somthing from the estate but was not going to get anything, so we put two and two together and decided she must have sold them.

I had not thought about protected species, and think I may not look them up just in case.

Sometimes its better not to know, although I suspect its not the case.

K

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS