Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: You give them the whole garden....  (Read 2607 times)

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
You give them the whole garden....
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:05:57 am »
And where do they end up as soon as the back door is open???????
In the blinkin' kitchen  :rant:   Turn my back for a while, making a call to get an emergency tyre and the whole lot just trundled in and settled down next to Aga.  Some on the dogs mats/beds others just chill in' out perched on the chairs.  Poop everywhere.   :rant:, the Labrador Hoover cleaned up which will invariably mean vomit later.  Lovely, lovely, lovely......

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
Re: You give them the whole garden....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:27:19 am »
 :excited:  brilliant! Many years ago, we left the back door open in the summer, like you do. Came down stairs to find the pony (had let her self out of her paddock), a sheep and a duck in the dog water bowl.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:15 am »
ha ha ha, same here a whole penned area beyond the garden but you see them trooping in through a hole in the fence and again if the back door is open you get a visitor, especially funny with the husband is trying to shoo them out......he wont pick them up so needs to get one of the kids to do it!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:02:30 am »
Aww one of my old black rocks used to peck on the catflap until we opened the door for her, then she'd hop in - 'hoover' the crumbs off the floor and go back out - love'em!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:09:00 pm »
 Honestly I do wonder what is the point of letting them free range.  They never seem to be ambling around on grass, just sitting on the patio area (pooing) in the out house (pooing) or in my plant pots (digging)  They only disappear when they go back the chicken house to lay, then they are straight back over here.
I have no idea why I am still so besotted by them when they give me so much grief!!!! - I have had chickens for years and cannot possibly imagine not having any. 

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:27 pm »
Came down stairs to find the pony (had let her self out of her paddock), a sheep and a duck in the dog water bowl.

That's one hell of a big water bowl     :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 07:13:17 pm »
Ha ha! I have rubbish grammer!!!!  :D
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 07:24:21 pm »
A brilliant photo oppertunity...... :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS