Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A new foal  (Read 4393 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
A new foal
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:31:40 pm »
After having two fillies, Dales mare, Carly has produced a black colt this morning, to be called Wilbur.  Molly one of the other mares is away with the stallion and due to be scanned on Friday, so hope that means she is in foal.

Clairie

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: A new foal
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:58:04 pm »
Yey!  Congratulations!

I put my mare to a Knabstrupper stallion and she's due to be scanned for the first time tomorrow.  Fingers crossed as it's her first foal - and mine!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:14:18 pm »
Keeping my fingers crossed your mare is in foal Clairie!!  We found out last Friday when Molly was scanned not in foal, that she is unable to breed.  A big blow for me, as I had always dreamed of having a foal from her.  But fortunately her mum, Carly keeps producing lovely foals, so not all doom and gloom.

Here are Carly and Wilbur the day after he was born

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:47:33 pm »
Lovely. Do you drive them?

Clairie

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 12:06:51 pm »
How cute!!

My mare is in foal!  Got to go back on the 13th to see if there's a wee heartbeat so fingers crossed!

Lovely horses you've got there  :love:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:46:42 pm »
Thats good news, Clairie!!  I am sure your mare will be fine.

Yes, Rosemary, some of our ponies drive.  We have 9 ponies altogether, but some are only youngsters so not doing anything yet.  Drive at local driving club, and do some driving classes at the agricultural shows, which is a good day out, once the driving and in hand showing classes are done.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS