Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sooooooooo happy !  (Read 5248 times)

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
Re: Sooooooooo happy !
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »
I love the new coos :cow: :cow: :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »
Ours love to be brushed and scratched, especially in those hard to reach parts like just behind the poll and on the cheeks and between the front legs  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 06:26:40 pm »
Ours love to be brushed and scratched, especially in those hard to reach parts like just behind the poll and on the cheeks and between the front legs  :)
Yup, he really liked the top of the head  ;) And just everywhere really  ::) :D Didn't find any areas he wasn't happy with (even legs and feet  :thumbsup:)
I think being bottle reared from birth has effectively turned him into a big labrador (with horns  ;):thumbsup: It's the wee heifer that's going to be more difficult I think, even though she's half Jack's size  :-\ She's got a bit of a wild look about her, so I'm keen to let her settle and try the halter sooner, rather than later. If she's never going to be a calm, placid, milkable cow I might have to rethink my eventual butter & cheese making plans (or get another cow  ;) :innocent:)

just waiting for bacon time so i have an excuse to come see the coo's!!!
Our schools have a long weekend coming up soon, if yours do too why not take a trip down with the family (snow allowing  ::)) to see piggy before she goes and have a look-see at the pony, piglets and coo's too ? You're all welcome anytime  :-*

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 03:02:36 pm »
Just caught up with this thread - great news, and they look soooo happy!   :thumbsup:   :love: :cow:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 03:04:43 pm »
Wow you're going for it on the livestock front HH!  Hope you have fun with your coos, are they Shetlands?  The markings are like that of a Longhorn (my favourite).  Lovely pic, good luck. :thumbsup:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

HappyHippy

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 04:36:59 pm »
Wow you're going for it on the livestock front HH!  Hope you have fun with your coos, are they Shetlands?  The markings are like that of a Longhorn (my favourite).  Lovely pic, good luck. :thumbsup:
Yup, Shetlands  ;D A wee bullock and an even wee'r heifer  ;D ;D ;D
My plan hope is to eventually hand milk her and make butter & cheese (if it all works out and I get the time  ;))
Longhorns are gorgeous - but I'm not allowed any more  ::)

I grew up with 100 head of beef suckler cattle and really missed them when my dad sold the herd and stopped farming about 25 years ago (funny how I can still remember singing to them as I helped feed them in the shed as a kid, soooo clearly) Always thought because most of our ground is trees (only got about 10 acres not planted) that we didn't have the space/facilities to get cows again, til Rosemary told me all about Shetlands  :innocent: So, here we are a bit sooner than I expected (thought I was really going to have to work hard to talk Bruce into it, but didn't  :D) and it's great  :thumbsup:

Was worried they wouldn't come back in tonight, but they were waiting for me in the shed tonight at feed time  :thumbsup: I love my coo's  :excited:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »
That's a good story and you sound very happy HH.  Let's hope the  :sunshine: on your wee pair all their days.   Mooo  :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 03:40:02 pm »
They look lovely and really enjoyed the videos with them frolicking in the snow  :thumbsup:

My parent's neighbours were Jack and Molly  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  - but the 2 legged variety  :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS