Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ello from SW Scotland  (Read 3341 times)

Rosieb

• Joined Feb 2012
Ello from SW Scotland
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:27:05 pm »
Hi all
I'm not really new on here but it's been so long since I last posted (almost a year) I thought I'd start by introducing myself again.
I'm Rosie from South West Scotland, keeper of many, many horses inc a Friesian, shires, cobs, section D's, Shetlands, mini Shetlands, mountain and moorland ponies. I also have 7 donkeys, cows, sheep, pigs, goats, geese, turkeys, hens, dogs and 3 children!
So life is never dull.
It's good to be back  :excited:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Ello from SW Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:21 pm »
Welcome back!

What do you DO with all the equines? I only have two ponies and don't have enough time to spend with them  :horse: :horse:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:05:10 pm »
Hello and welcome back, from Durham   :wave:

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:31:02 pm »
hello from east yorks  :wave:

Rosieb

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:33:16 pm »
Thank you muchly  ;D
I don't do a right lot with my equines at the moment, January is the month I do as little as poss!

I have quite a few youngsters who I will start work with this year, 1 shire is a 9 month old filly so she's just going to be a baby this year and hang out with my section D filly, the other shire is 9 and she will be brought back in to work this year, I have 15 mini Shetlands some of whom will be re-homed this year and my donkeys are rescue, these have taken an awful lot of work and some will be re-homed this year.  We ride as much as possible, one of my daughters has a cob to ride, the other a mountain and moorland and I have an Irish draft cross.  3 cob mares were rescued from travellers I'm unsure what to do with these as yet but they're not riding ponies really.  I have a section D mare who is being broken in the spring, she is mine and my Friesian will be broken later in the year as he's only young too.

I'm not a horse dealer at all I'm a complete sucker who takes in equines and rehabilitates them as most have had troubled back grounds, I do love them all but the time has come to let some of them go, if I can find the right homes of course which is not going to be easy I know but I'm in no rush.

I am just contemplating getting someone in to help with the horses a couple of days a week as they can take me away from my other duties and lambing is fast approaching!

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:02 am »
Good morning from a wet and windy Conwy. Really interested to hear about your equine friends. I have a mare and filly - traveller cobs- who are black and white, not that you'd notice this weather!

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
  • www.hawthornsoaysandjacobs.co.uk
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 03:57:28 pm »
Hi,

It's nice to hear of somebody else local I'm in New Galloway, I hope you're not too wet and muddy as the SW is getting a beating at the moment! Welcome back

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:32 pm »
Hi and welcome from gale force Shropshire.   :wave:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »
 :wave: Hi there and welcome from Worcestershire
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »
 :wave: Hi from the Highlands
I am going to let my OH read your list of ponies so he can see how 'lightly' he has got off with me having just 3!!! He loves then really, but also loves to tease me about them too ::)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 12:09:33 am »
Hello from a snowy Derbyshire, Peak District.

I have a lot of animals too. Love my native ponies - have 5 Dales, 4 Fells, including a colt foal, an Irish Draught, a Dartmoor, two mini Shetlands, , two Donkeys......lots of goats, including pygmy and Anglo Nubians, some sheep, 4 Kune kune pigs,  lots of free range hens, 4 dogs and  20 farm cats.

Ponies are mainly ride and drive, so do a bit of work round the farm.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 06:32:09 pm »
Hi from Lauder in Borders Roseib  :wave:  I'm a bit of a soppy softy too when it comes to animals and have had 2 mini shetlands join our gang last year, I'm a novice to ponies so hopefully you will be full of all the right answers  :D 
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS