Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any TAS members close to Shrewsbury?  (Read 4332 times)

arwelcoed

• Joined Feb 2012
  • West midlands
Any TAS members close to Shrewsbury?
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:14:02 am »
Hello! I was wondering if anyone close to Shrewsbury can help me. I need heptovac vaccine for my two pregnant ewes. Thought I would ask if I can buy enough for there one jab just to save wasting a whole bottle really or if anyone else would be interested in buying one joint if you only have a small flock?

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Re: Any TAS members close to Shrewsbury?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:57 pm »
I'm near Llanidloes and will be using heptavac P+ this week and in March.  I'll have a couple of doses spare if no-ones closer.

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:51:19 pm »
I'm in Market Drayton, haven't worked out if I'll have any spare yet, but give me a buzz if you get stuck...  When are you wanting to do them?

arwelcoed

• Joined Feb 2012
  • West midlands
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:25:20 pm »
Thanks for that dogwalker very kind of you. I'm hoping to do them next weekend if I can but if it saves me buying a whole bottle I'm sure I can delay a few days... What do you think?

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:14:38 pm »
I live just outside Condover and only have four ewes to do. They are due pretty soon and was just thinking about finding someone local to share  :wave:

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »
I should be doing mine (angora goats) this weekend but I'm waiting to see what the weather does cos I want to trim their bellies while I'm hassling them anyway ( give the kids some chance of finding the teats) and didn't want them then laying in snow.
Sounds like the others are closer but let me know if I can help.

arwelcoed

• Joined Feb 2012
  • West midlands
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:07 pm »
 :wave: indeed!! That could be a handy solution. Anyone else need some? How many ewes will one bottle do?

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 04:01:16 pm »
My vet will usually do individual doses for many things, but because of the opened shelf life of Heptavac, they'll only do whole bottles. Medic Animal sells the smallest bottle (25 doses) for £24.60 including special next day delivery. Where abouts are you, arwelcoed?  There's a sheep breeder just up the road from me He lent us his trailer to take our boys to slaughter last month and I was going to ask him if he had any spare. He has quite a few sheep though so not sure if he will. I might ask him anyway when he's planning on doing his ewes.

arwelcoed

• Joined Feb 2012
  • West midlands
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 04:21:32 pm »
I'm based at Felton butler outside Shrewsbury. It is the self life of the heptovac that made me think of asking on here anything else I would just store it till next time. But I'm sure there is enough of us close by that could split a bottle between us to prevent any wastage of both vaccine and money!

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 11:44:26 am »
I live just outside shrewsbury, other side of the A49 to condover, and will have some spare heptavac in two weeks time. Have 13 to do so will have 12 spare doses. Happy to help if anyone needs a few doses?  :wave:

onnyview

• Joined Dec 2009
    • onnyview free range produce
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »
Nice to know there are so many people near Shrewsbury! Same applies here, though won't be doing ours for a week or two. I'm at Ratlinghope  :wave:
Onnyview free range produce- Gloucestershire Old Spot pigs, Hill Radnor and Llanwenog sheep.

www.onnyview.moonfruit.com

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:21 pm »
I'm also near Shrewsbury although wasn't planning on doing for a couple of weeks. Only got 5 so will be a lot wasted from a bottle!

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »
Beeducked I'm doing mine in a couple of weeks, I'm more than happy for you to use some of mine that's left if we can coordinate  :wave:

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 07:39:49 pm »
I'm 10 miles NW of Shrewsbury and my ewes are due beginning of March.  Not sure I'll tie in with anyone but useful to know there are a few members in the area.  I'll post when the lambs are due their first jab  :)
1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 07:49:45 pm »
Wow, there are a lot of TAS-folk in sunny ( :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:) Shropshire.

Good to know  :relief:

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS