Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hi there  (Read 2871 times)

johnbhoy

• Joined May 2009
  • inchfad loch lomond
hi there
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:38 pm »
hi i am living on inchfad which is an island in loch lomond myself and my family look after the island for the owner who visits a few times a year other than that we have the place to ourselfs
so we have just gotten 11 hyline pullets which i am assured will start to lay any time now lol
we also were given a yound pair of ebden geese from friends and 3 "pet" lambs
this is my first time keeping animals although my wife was brought up on a farm so knows her way about it all
i will no doubt be asking loads of daft questions in time  ::)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: hi there
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 09:19:09 pm »
Hi and welcome. Look forward to hearing more from you. Sounds like great set up you have.

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:22:21 pm »
Hi Johnbhoy thats a beautiful place to live. You will get lots of help and advice here just ask away.
JD

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 09:56:03 pm »
Do you have your own boat?  My son's mini cabin cruiser is registered at Loch Lomond.  He and his pals often go up for a  day's fishing.  He has landed on one or two of the islands just for a break. Watch out for 'Zoe' and Donald (blue, 18 footer) and say hello if you see him.  Beautiful place to live.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

johnbhoy

• Joined May 2009
  • inchfad loch lomond
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:01:36 pm »
Do you have your own boat?  My son's mini cabin cruiser is registered at Loch Lomond.  He and his pals often go up for a  day's fishing.  He has landed on one or two of the islands just for a break. Watch out for 'Zoe' and Donald (blue, 18 footer) and say hello if you see him.  Beautiful place to live.

yes we got a wee open blue boat that comes with the place is zoe the name of the boat? i will look out for it we are in and out of balmaha every day if its in there

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
    • Zabalaz Siberian Huskies
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 11:09:29 pm »
hi johnbhoy
i bet when you drop toast it lands butter side up  ;D not that i'm jealous but it does sound like a great life.
welcome

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 11:31:22 pm »
yes we got a wee open blue boat that comes with the place is zoe the name of the boat? i will look out for it we are in and out of balmaha every day if its in there
No he has it on a trailer and keeps it at a farm near to his flat - he lives in Paisley - and tows it up to Balloch I think when he wants to go out in it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:52:29 am »
What a great get away from it all place!!!! Some years ago I was going to do something similar with my partner but changed my mind, I was  living on a dairy farm in Devon, just where Foot and Mouth broke out, the only reason Idid not go for it was my partner went for aninterview nearby but did ot get his job so we decided it would be a bit risky even though the tied cottage was chocolate box material!!!! I'll wave if w go up to Loch Lommond again!!!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 08:22:15 pm »
Hi Johnbhoy...welcome to the forum...what a wonderful sounding place to live...enjoy and have a great time building up your smallholding

Regards, Farmer
 :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS