Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: atos.  (Read 2007 times)

deepinthewoods

atos.
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:10:15 pm »
there is quite a development. here is an opportunity to help some people  out, that doesnt involve a petition ;)

statement from micheal meacher.
''
 Michael Meacher States:
January 9th, 2013
I am very pleased to announce that the elected Back-Bench Business Committee in the Commons has now arranged for a full 3-hour debate on Atos work capability assessments to take place in the main chamber (not in Westminster Hall where there has already previously been a debate on Atos) on Thursday 17 January starting shortly after 11am.

I have already spoken to a large number of Members of all parties and am assured there will be a big turnout, so that people in a large number of constituencies (perhaps as many as 30) will be directly represented in the debate.

I hope the speeches will cover a great many cases, though tragically there are so many hundreds of horrifying accounts flooding into MPs’ that not all of them can be specifically included.''   please could you take the time to write/email your mp requesting that they attend this debate. this is a good opportunity to mobilise the support of the british people for those being demonised and harrased for the sole reason that they are disabled. it may not affect you right now, but it might do one day. you can write to them here.  www.writetothem.com   thank you. 

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
Re: atos.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:57 am »
That's good news, sounds like they may be starting to get their act together. Will do a lot more good than a petition.  :fc:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »
michael meachers speech today, governments own figures state ove 10 000 people have DIED in direct relation to atos

#esaSOS Michael Meacher - speech on Atos and Work Capability Assessments

deepinthewoods

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 04:48:46 pm »
more examples of atos causing suicides amongst the mentally ill.

this has been my biggest fear whilst caring for my ex and this situation is STILL ongoing, interview,failed, befeit cancelled, struggle for 3 months to appeal, benefit granted at appeal, 3months later it all happens again, we are now on the third interview its NON STOP

please watch, this is the biggest scandal of this country in decades, 10000 deaths in one year.

John McDonnell MP speaking up for Atos Healthcare victims

deepinthewoods

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 04:54:22 pm »

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 05:11:05 pm »
And it will continue to happen Dave , in Ian Duncan Smiths own words , " 9 out of 10 of these people on incapacity benefit and disability living allowance , are malingerers , and i intend to get them off benefits and working , 'work brings freedom' ! " .
The only way that cnut will change his view , is when he is dangling from the end of a rope !
Bring on the revolution ! Have rope , will travel !

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 08:02:28 pm »
If there was a decent living minimum wage some of those "malingerers" would snap up work, they are bright enough to screw the system so may flourish if financial rewards in the job market were enticing enough. Stupid government, we need some real people in charge and clean up this country.  I too hope a revolution is coming, if it doesn't happen soon i plan to stage my own declare my land an independant state! Sadly its not big enough to take many but i can fit one or two in if you like :D
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 08:59:22 pm »
thing is, there is no need for a 'revolution', people just have to start acting upon their responsibility towards democracy.

they only get away with it cos we LET them.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »
My own experience of Atos is when an Atos doctor visited me to assess my entitlement to Disability Living Allowance which I claimed when rheumatoid arthritis left me disabled recently.  DLA is given to allow disabled people to pay for someone else to do what they cannot, yet the doctor who assessed me wouldn't let me tell him what I needed help with.  His exact words (and I have a very strong ability to recall things that are said to me) were, "I'm not interested in what you can't do.  I want to know what you can do."

I was awarded the lower level of care on the basis that I need help to cook myself a hot, main meal.  I asked DWP to look again at my claim on the basis that I need help to wash or shower, dress and undress, and to manage stairs.  To sit down and stand up, to get shoes and coat on to enable me to go out into my garden and walk for a few minutes with crutches.  They ignored most of what I had said and what my Occupational Therapist said and did not change the award.  It was only when I stated that I wanted to go to an independent tribunal, that they agreed I was entitled to the middle rate of care as I need help several times a day.  This money enables me to pay for jobs that I would like to do but cannot do for myself.

If I had a mental illness and was unable to stick up for myself, I would have been left at the lower level and not able to afford the extra help.

As an aside, the government in their 'wisdom' have withdrawn funding for home helps as they say it is not an essential service.  My local council now have to charge £12 per hour for a home help.  My DLA at its original rate would have paid for sllightly more than one hour a week - not enough time to clean a house.  Fortunately I have my husband who, although totally blind, is able to do a certain amount of cleaning.  What about people who live alone?  They are now expected to live in filth if they can't afford £12 an hour.  It is obviously not (according to the government) essential to have a clean kitchen and clean toilet.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS