Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Solar PV Production  (Read 103882 times)

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Solar PV Production
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2014, 11:03:07 pm »
Whoops .. your right it should have read one point five kw/ hr.

I'm a medically & stroke induced dyslexic .. it's only now several days later after reading your comment that I see the mistake .

Thanks for being my  proof reader .

Tomorrow the energy efficiency guy ( unrelated to the AMGEN set up )is due to do the necessary survey for the bungalow , we had a mad quarter of hour locating the roof void and cavity wall insulation warrantee papers of five years ago this morning  .
 I'm so pleased that we always keep house paperwork like that . It helps to sell the home in the future if needed.

Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »
48.5 for January

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2014, 09:09:55 pm »
That's not too bad considering the foul weather and poor light  conditions.
 So far we have produced ...wait for it   :innocent:...... 5.26 Kw /hr. over the three days of having it up and running  :roflanim: :roflanim:
 Today took in just under  3Kw/hr. depite several sleet showers and plenty of rain ,
We did indeed occasionally see that funny big yellow egg yolk thing  in the sky as well .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2014, 09:14:14 am »
Bang on 50 for January.

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2014, 01:55:42 pm »
81.94 here - quite a few sunny days - not bad for NE Scotland!

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2014, 03:18:37 pm »
81.94 here - quite a few sunny days - not bad for NE Scotland!

Good for you! Is that from 4kW? The sun certainly shone on you!  :sunshine:

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2014, 07:56:56 pm »
You been shining torches on it  :sunshine: lol

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2014, 10:08:35 am »
Yes, we had 4kWp installed in mid December - on a day when the wind was howling and there was a white out - felt a bit sorry for the lads on the roof who carried on to finish the job!

We've had an Immersun fitted too - even at this time of year we can see the electricity heating up the water in the tank - hopefully it'll save a bit on the oil.

Sue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2014, 10:12:25 am »
I'm curious - I had a quote a couple of years ago when the start up feedback rate was very high (40 pence or so I think )  I couldn't face spending £14K!   If I had gone ahead would I still be getting that or did the rate cut affect those who had installed at the high rate as well as new installations?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:13 pm »
If you applied and were installed up and running by the cut off date you still got the high rate doganjo

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2014, 01:22:27 pm »
Now about 46p I think, as it's index linked.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2014, 01:55:05 pm »
What's the going rate fro new installations?  I keep getting calls and I just don't believe their figures.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2014, 04:54:13 pm »
We had ours installed in mid Dec 2013 - we get 14.9p per unit generated and 4.64p per unit exported. It's not usual for a domestic installation to have an export meter to actually measure the exported amount. It is assumed that we export 50% of the units we generate.

The tariffs are still index linked, and we get paid for 20 years. 

The price of the installation has come down considerably - it should be possible to get a 4kWp array installed for about 6.5K

Sue

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:05 am »
What's the going rate fro new installations?  I keep getting calls and I just don't believe their figures.

Our pprice for the most uptodate all singing all dancing high efficiency panels and Samil power inverter was £5.6K inc VAT reimbursed though at the current FIT .

I guess that in comparison our lower set up and lower FIt will not be so far out wrt the finals financial reckoning on someone who had the more expensive systems of four or five years ago at the end of the day  & paid for them with a loan .
If you had the cash to spare your on a winner well and truly apparently .

" Navitron " is a micro generation site that seems full of useful info it your thinking of " getting your feet wet " and don't know if you need wellies , boots or bare feet so to speak .

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »
87 for February 2014 compared to 192 February 2013 shows what a miserable month its been so far

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS