Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The gift that couldn't be wrapped  (Read 6377 times)

HappyHippy

The gift that couldn't be wrapped
« on: December 25, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »
So here's what Santa brought to Yonderton this morning !
Kids were over the moon, Becca was in tears  :relief: :thumbsup:

Poppy is readying herself for a Xmas day delivery of her own  :excited: and we've not even got the oven on for the turkey yet  :o
Chaos as always here  :roflanim: But enjoying every minute of it  ;)
Merry Christmas everybody  :reindeer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: The gift that couldn't be wrapped
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 12:51:02 pm »
Oh you lucky things - I ALWAYS wanted a pony for Christmas.  I had horrid parents   :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »
What lucky kids - and lucky mum and dad - have fun
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 03:53:45 pm »
Teeny weeny and very  :eyelashes: , we got 2 about a month ago but they look giant in comparison. 

Are you just the best parents or what!  :trophy:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 04:00:00 pm »
Oh you lucky things - I ALWAYS wanted a pony for Christmas.  I had horrid parents   :innocent:

I know the feeling... Always wanted a proper pet - the only one allowed was a hamster...  >:(

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 04:34:47 pm »

I know the feeling... Always wanted a proper pet - the only one allowed was a hamster...  >:(

I'm in this boat too.   Your lucky lucky children HH. A dream come true  :love:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »
I'm glad they love their surprise pressie  :horse: :excited:  - how gorgeous.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 07:01:26 pm »
What a perfect Christmas present  :thumbsup:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »
Fantastic  :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 08:33:08 pm »
Such a wonderful present.......ideal in so many ways....I always wanted a pony as well...I was attracted to my Ex as he was a farmers son so I thought I then could have one........anyway....I bet the children are all tucked up after their wonderful day.  Xxxxxx

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 10:44:24 pm »
I always wanted a pony as well.  Our garden just wasn't big enough.  They are going to have such fun.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 10:50:09 pm »
Lucky lucky kids, and how lovely to be able to make their dreams come true.

The pony looks a real sweetie - name?  CV?   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

HappyHippy

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 12:47:28 pm »
Thanks guys  ;D Don't know about being the best parents ;) it was a completely selfish act so I could enjoy their reaction  :innocent: And, as with most things here.........there's a story attached.

The pony looks a real sweetie - name?  CV?   :D
Her name is Polly Pocket, Sally (she came with the name  ;)) she's a 12 year old mare and hasn't had the best of lives by all accounts  :(
My friend was at a horse sale a while ago and saw this poor little, terrified thing being hauled about by the 'meat man' (tail forced up, hold on the mane and basically just pushing her about  >:()
She just couldn't leave her there  :innocent: and had to bring her home. She's a bit short of space and hadn't planned on any more horses/ponies (being an equi-dentist and having more than enough of her own  ;)) but wanted a home where she knew she'd get a bit of TLC and be loved.
From what my friend has found out it would seem she's been used to breed foals, has run out all her life and has obviously had a few beatings  >:( :'( She is terrified of men but loves kids (thinking small people aren't as intimidating)
However, my wonderful husband (the feral pony tamer extraordinaire ;D) has brought her round in the last couple of weeks  :thumbsup: she's still nervous, but we hope with time, reiki and attention she'll get over the nerves. We've no plans to 'do' anything show wise or riding wise with her but just want to see how the kids cope with the responsibility of regular horsey type chores before maybe, possibly, sometime considering something bigger - maybe !
So, that's the CV covered  ;)
She didn't seem too fazed by the pigs (she had to walk through the shed where they all are to get to her little corner of it) she planted herself for a minute but then walked on fine and doesn't seem at all stressed by them or by being in. She's enjoying the straw bed and full haynets as well as kids up stroking her and feeding her carrots (from her trug - not from fingers  ;)) so far, so good  :thumbsup:
My hope is that once the Shetland calves arrive (which I've been reliably informed, will be soon  ::)) all 3 will run together quite happily together - but we'll have to see how that goes. Jack the bullock thinks of himself as an overgrown labrador  ::) (he's been bottle fed since birth  :D) and the wee heifer is getting more used to people and handling, plus at the minute their horns are just little diddy things - but we'll watch them all carefully.
Will keep you all posted bored rigid  ;) ;D :innocent:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 11:03:16 pm »
 Looking forward to every boring (not for me ) moment  :wave: so please keep us posted  :eyelashes:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 09:47:44 am »
Karen, you paint such a lovely picture and how lucky are your children?
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS