Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: non paying guests  (Read 9343 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
non paying guests
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:15:29 am »
Okay i know there is quite a few guest house b and b place etc on here so go this sent via a email group so will repost it up

Dear Colleague,

We have been advised by Linleys Farm Cottages to beware of a family who may currently be looking for holiday accommodation in this area.  The Linleys have finally secured an eviction order after the family refused
to move for 11 and a half months - without paying. Details as below.

We are Bath Tourism members and this is just a quick email to warn you of a family who move into a holiday cottage for a week and then don't leave. it has taken nearly a year and various trips to court to finally
get an eviction notice. They have nowhere to go and are busy phoning round trying to find somewhere. They currently owe us over £15,000 + legal costs which of course we will never see. Their name is Fraser but
this changes and they are South African. May I suggest you put round a warning to all property owners. If you would like more info, please let
me know.

Further details received as follows:

The family come across as very pleasant, educated people and has 4 sometimes 5 people in it - Keresa Fraser in her fifties, Luc Fraser in his sixties, Johnny (son) in his thirties and Chiara (daughter) about 20. They are South African and Keresa claims to be from Burma
originally. They came from Cumberwell Cottages .... Before that they were at Orchardleigh Cottages in Frome and I believe it took them well over a year to get them out - the owner was so angry he made them bankrupt but of course bankruptcy is discharged after a year.   They pay
for the week up front and then that is it and for us they have had 11 and a half months free accommodation.  The other thing is that she changes names, although always keeping the first names so far. She has also been known to use the title Dr. I hope this helps and thank god
it's nearly over for us apart from the clearing up!! 

If anyone would like further details, please contact Han Warr at
Linleys Farm Cottages on LINLEYSFARM@aol.com   or 01249 715578.

Best regards

Fiona Humphreys
Commercial Manager
Bath Tourism Plus

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: non paying guests
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:26:16 am »
Thanks Linz, worth knowing. Business is difficult enough without ending up with the family from hell.....

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:54:09 am »
i hear Mags Hainey is getting out of prison soon (might even be out)

now there's a tenant/neighbour!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:57:16 am »
Tut tut Sellickbhoy - I am sure that having spent some time at Her Majesty's pleasure Ms Hainey will ofcourse have been rehabilitated and will now become a valued member of society ha ha ha.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 12:33:17 pm »

I and guess where she gona be coming too !!!!

Well not defiantly but stated in the paper that she is gona be going to the wee county and to a place not far from a previous family members (one of her daughter used to live opposite a house we where gona take before we moved here,) didn't fancy waking up to a very short over weight woman in her underwear opening the front door opposite our bed room window.

Linz

On a different note if i get any more info on non-paying guests i'll post them up (they are mainly from south wales but people can travel)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:38:13 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

rustyme

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 01:38:25 pm »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/02/29/crime-family-matriarch-mags-haney-gets-out-of-prison-86908-20335103/

never heard of her down here....thankfully  ..lol. However , there are always similar people where ever you are . As for people refusing to get out of a house and not paying rent .....if it were my house they would be only to pleased to leave FAST . Their choice would be to walk out or get carried out on a stretcher....these ba**ards rely on good natured people that will follow the law etc etc ...I am not one of those people . If they crap on me, TSHTF , I go mental.  I grew up being taught there is only one way to beat a bully ..kick seven colours of crap out of them ...it works , they leave you alone afterwards. The same goes for the crap that does the sort of thing talked about here.

cheers

Russ

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 01:42:54 pm »

You can have my neighbours, they are surposed to be the 2nd worst family in the area.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 02:10:27 pm »
who is Mags hainey?

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 02:12:05 pm »
On of thoses people that everyone has heard (well almost)off and is a well know family of trouble makers etc.

Most places have them.

Linz

rustyme

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 02:15:58 pm »
who's number one Linz ?  ::) ::) ::) ;D  Lindsey Rambo  "Don't push me !!! boyo !!!" lol....

cheers

Russ

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 02:30:14 pm »
lol
no, catchphrase is don't ewe push me lol

No the haines where surposes to be the 1st family but not sure where in the crime stakes that are now,

I have come to the conclution that my neighbours are hamsters  and they are only active at evening /night

rustyme

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 02:36:54 pm »
lol... oh and why do Scottsmen wear kilts .. so the sheep don't hear the zip undo ....lol...sorry bout that Mr T....
If the neighbours only come out at night , are you sure they aren't VAMPIRES !!! Mr + Mrs Hamish Alucard....... ( read that backwards ) .

lovespigs

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 08:26:38 pm »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/02/29/crime-family-matriarch-mags-haney-gets-out-of-prison-86908-20335103/

never heard of her down here....thankfully  ..lol. However , there are always similar people where ever you are . As for people refusing to get out of a house and not paying rent .....if it were my house they would be only to pleased to leave FAST . Their choice would be to walk out or get carried out on a stretcher....these ba**ards rely on good natured people that will follow the law etc etc ...I am not one of those people . If they crap on me, TSHTF , I go mental.  I grew up being taught there is only one way to beat a bully ..kick seven colours of crap out of them ...it works , they leave you alone afterwards. The same goes for the crap that does the sort of thing talked about here.

cheers

Russ

Seems a bit bizarre that you would deal with any unwanted visitors in such a violent matter but yet when some poor chap who was loosing his animals to the fox and was organising to have the culprit shot you went off on one and caused such a sensation saying that it was a bit of a severe thing to do?????!!!!!!!!

P.s, hope you havent missed me to much.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 08:48:06 pm »
i guess it's ok if it isn't their natural habitat they are invading!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 08:49:54 pm »
Not sure 'sensation' is the right word. Russ isn't really sensationalist - are you, Russ? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS