Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recommend me a German Shepherd breeder in Scotland/North of England please...  (Read 11359 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
I agree entirely as far as the GSD is concerned - the majority of them are disgraceful, but please do not tar ALL breeders in ALL breeds with the same  brush. 
Karen, I know  few people, I'll ask around for you.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

Thanks Annie  :-*

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Got a pal down in Gretna making enquiries.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
We got our Sasha from German Shepherd Rescue - she has a wonderful nature but she does have her flaws (but I think that goes for all dogs and people alike).

She a good shape, straight back and at 10 pretty good nick although slowing down a bit.

We don't have kids so passed their criteria fine but I would have thought they would consider you HH as you have experience which I would have thought was invaluable.

Good luck with your hunt  :fc:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
I (inadvertently and quite innocently) started an 'animated discussion'  :innocent: on Facebook Scottish show dogs page mentioning the shape - but they came up with two possibilities, have PMed Karen.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:41:27 am by doganjo »

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
Doganjo you will be slayed by shell suit wearing folks with ponytail facelifts and boyfriend wearing acrylic jumpers.  BE Afraid!
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Doganjo you will be slayed by shell suit wearing folks with ponytail facelifts and boyfriend wearing acrylic jumpers.  BE Afraid!
:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:  They won't get near three face lickin, body swerving, ball booting Brittanys!  :innocent: :eyelashes:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Sent you another suggestion, Karen

HappyHippy

Thanks Annie  :-*

smithycraft

• Joined Apr 2012
What about BIGGSD

http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/search/?c=5

There are often pups on there that need homes so you'd get a rescue and a pup.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Having been an German Shepherd owner in the past losing our last bitch at 11 and the other at 13 finding the right puppy is no easy task. When you take on a rescue you take on all the problems of its past and with children in the house that is a high risk. I myself would go for a puppy. Hope you find what is right for you  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS