Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dog Attack  (Read 8717 times)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Dog Attack
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 09:50:04 pm »
This is such a horrible attack. I'm glad you found out who the owner is. What sort of owner is she if she can't keep control of her dogs? Why do people have such big dogs if they can't control them? It's all very well being sorry but it's a bit late for your poor wether.
My rare breed chickens were attacked by a Dalmation a few years ago. Apparently my poor little Lavender Pekin was tossed up in the air several times by it. The dog was renowned for escaping and causing mayhem. The owner said 'sorry'.
I agree with this - I have a rescue Doberman who is not safe with any livestock, and yet I have sheep and my neighbours have sheep and cattle. We spent a large proportion of our renovation budget on installing a mesh 7 foot fence so Dobie could have freedom on our land but our neighbours would also know that he would absolutely never cause them an issue. Apart from wondering if we were going to keep llamas or emus :-DDD, neighbours have been very appreciative (and actually the fence is very useful for lambing as we have split it so he can still have part and lambing ewes have a different part).
Our action was extreme but it really does reflect the degree of responsibility we felt to protect both our own and our neighbours animals, but also our dog's life, and quality of life.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Dog Attack
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 01:47:04 am »
It does sound as though she might have learned a harsh lesson here - just a shame it was you and your children as well as the poor wether, that had to be there to teach her!  :hug:

Let's hope she doesn't just cry, but continues to act to keep her dogs in.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS