Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: . US SHOOTING  (Read 5943 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
. US SHOOTING
« on: December 14, 2012, 05:54:40 pm »
Just heard reports of another shooting in a us school . Report says 27 dead including children .
Terrible news .

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: . US SHOOTING
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:56:09 pm »
Shocking and tragic. Our thoughts are with the families affected.

Catweazle

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 07:35:29 pm »
Shocking.  Condolences to the families of those killed and to the survivors who will have their own problems to overcome in the years ahead.

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 08:06:07 pm »
Heartbreaking.  What a sad sad world we live in.  Far too many people crammed into too small a space, I don't think that's how we were designed to live and I think its part of the reason for society being the way it is today.
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »
It's a tragedy.  The parents will probably never enjoy Christmas again.  My heart goes out to them.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 09:51:03 pm »
Dear God  :'(

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 09:59:25 am »
I remember waking up and hearing about the same thing happening in Dunblane all those years ago - this brought all those feelings right back  :'( :'( :'(
Poor babies, children and innocent people - all becaue of some deranged nutter with a gun  >:(

Such a waste of so many lives  :(

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »
Terrible and such a waste of life and for what.

downsized

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Dumfriesshire
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »
Just heartbreaking, I'll never undersand how anyone could do things like that  :'(

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Re: US SHOOTING
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 09:54:37 pm »
The US answer would seem to be that all kindergarten kids should be armed.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:05 am »
The son was an Honors student , the mother was a teacher so we assume a modicom of inteligence, so why did she allow her kids to own handguns ?
This sort of event keeps happening in the USA, it's time the " right to bear arms " thing was re-evaluated as far as civilians are concerned, who the hell needs a handgun. They are not sporting weapons.

HappyHippy

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 12:08:29 pm »
The son was an Honors student , the mother was a teacher so we assume a modicom of inteligence, so why did she allow her kids to own handguns ?
A report I heard said they were actually hers Tiz, either way I doubt the US will change any of their gun laws  :-\

deepinthewoods

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 12:53:18 pm »
yup, they were her guns. he shot her first before going to the school. one interview i heard said he was a social outcast etc. i feel for the poor families.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 01:07:50 pm »
A report I heard said they were actually hers Tiz, either way I doubt the US will change any of their gun laws  :-\

Most people in the USA seem to consider it a basic human right to own guns.

Anyway - he wasn't exactly a "kid", was he? Mind you, I haven't read all the media coverage.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 08:01:15 pm »
I was surprised to find that the UK death toll from guns so far in 2012 was 22.  I couldn't find even vaguely current comparables for the US, but with a population 5 times ours they have more homicides per diem than we have per annum.  Add the larger number of suicides, accidents etc and it's a humungous number.  But they do on average own a gun each, that's 300m weapons.

They're never going to change.  Its sort-of in the constitution if read with brain turned off.   Mind you, their road death rate is over three times ours too.

Japan, which has tougher gun laws than us also has a lower death rate from them.  Seems logical somewhow.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS