Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pregnant mamma's  (Read 11034 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Pregnant mamma's
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 11:58:05 am »
I've administered 2 beers and will sneak in for a feel once she's passed out  :innocent: ;)

I assume you've administered two beers to Poppy not you or Bruce  ;D

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 11:59:50 am »
We're on tippytoes here too HH.  I feel really sorry for our sow, she looks absolutely enormous and a tad uncomfortable.  Belly rubs and a go at nesting, but she is tired :(.  Weve been doing night time checks and I'm off now to check on her again.  I hope shes going to be ok.....

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »
ours all come looking for a belly rub and chat ...............the only trouble with belly rubs is if the judge spends too much time having a good feel under there they will lay down for him too one was so bad for the slightest touch last year we only ventured out to 2 shows with her  :innocent:

our first is due on the 2nd jan then the next 2 due 19th & 20th fingers crossed some nice january's for 2013
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 12:08:16 pm »
ours all come looking for a belly rub and chat ...............the only trouble with belly rubs is if the judge spends too much time having a good feel under there they will lay down for him too one was so bad for the slightest touch last year we only ventured out to 2 shows with her  :innocent:

our first is due on the 2nd jan then the next 2 due 19th & 20th fingers crossed some nice january's for 2013
Mortified of Fowgill that very thing happened to us at Westmorland show, dolly decided to lay down to have her undercarriage inspected the minute the judge touched her tum :-[  the commentator said to the audience that it took years of training! ;)
Our jans due around the 12th so  :fc:  & trotters too
Hope all goes well for everybody.
mandy :pig:

HappyHippy

Re: Pregnant mamma's....... now with piglets !
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 06:12:36 pm »
Soooooo  :excited: :excited: :excited:

I went out at 3pm to feed the pigs, with the intention of moving the Large Blacks back out to the field after I'd checked on Buttercup - it didn't happen  ::)
She already had 2 little piglets all nestled in the straw  :excited: and was furiously nesting around them. Kept getting up and down, really restless (only a belly rub would keep her down  ;)) eventually number 4 was delivered at 4pm then it kinda went into rapid machine gun like fire as numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8 all appeared pretty much one after the other  :D number 9 came in the second lot of afterbirth and shortly after we got a sneaky number 10  :thumbsup: I've come down for a cuppa and to feed the kids, Bruce is up there now watching to see.....just incase we have any stragglers  :innocent:

Here's a photo and there's a video on facebook which you should hopefully be able to see if you go to the 'Yonderton Rare Breed Pigs' page :thumbsup:

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »
Altogether now

AWWWWWWWWWWWW

How CUTE  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Many congrats  :trophy: :trophy:

YoungRasher

• Joined Aug 2012
  • DERBYSHIRE
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 07:21:11 pm »
Great news.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »
Wow, 10 must be a good litter size for a Kune, no? Hope mum and babies are all doing well :thumbsup: :excited:

HappyHippy

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 08:59:53 pm »
Wow, 10 must be a good litter size for a Kune, no? Hope mum and babies are all doing well :thumbsup: :excited:
It is really good, but not a patch on wee Adelaide the wonderKune  ;) (she had 15 last time  :o)
There's a slightly smaller gilt, but she's bright and very lively (christened "adventure pig" because she's been all over the pen checking out her new surroundings :D) there seems to be an 'adventure pig' in each litter of Kunekunes we've had and they're always gilts  :innocent:

Will keep you updated with photo's over the coming days  :excited: :excited: :excited:

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 09:42:36 pm »
Here's a photo and there's a video on facebook which you should hopefully be able to see if you go to the 'Yonderton Rare Breed Pigs' page :thumbsup:

Hi Karen,
I may be missing it but have you posted the video on Facebook??
Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 04:59:53 am »
 :love: :pig: :pig: :pig:

Beautiful pics and video - what a lovely sight!   :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 06:24:08 am »
Big congratulations  :trophy: to you and buttercup. Lovely piccie  :love: off to find the video now  :excited:

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 07:14:03 am »
How gorgeous - they look so cute!  Well done Buttercup  :trophy: 

HappyHippy

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 07:47:10 am »
[Hi Karen,
I may be missing it but have you posted the video on Facebook??
Pete
It's on there......somewhere  :-\
I've tried messing about with settings on my own timeline to make the video public but can't  ??? It should be on the Yonderton page under posts by others.
If you look for me (Karen Lindsay McKay - avatar is a tartan background with an emblem) and send a friend request you'll be able to see it on there no problems  :fc:
Thanks for all the kind wishes  :-*

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 07:53:49 am »
Karen, if you Share it again, and before pressing the 'Share Video' button, click on the list (it's the Privacy list) to the left of that button, and select 'Public', then it should share it for everyone to be able to view, irrespective of their relationshipo or otherwise to you.

(Apols if you've been trying that and it's just not working - I know you know quite a bit about Facebook, probably more than me.)

It's a lovely video, BTW.  :D :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS