Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The jobs you hate?  (Read 15139 times)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: The jobs you hate?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »

having a bath.

Really?? That is one of my most favouritist things EVER :love: :love: :love:
Jobs I hate;

The day job
Cleaning water troughs
Rolling up electric netting :rant: :rant: :rant:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 10:02:27 pm »
My new one is scooping lumps of ice out of frozen water troughs with my bare hands (don't want to get my gloves wet!) :cold:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 10:51:19 pm »
my new one is un winding loads of fairy lights and putting them on the Chrstmas trees! :(

Polished Arrow

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Forest of Dean
  • www.cinderhilllfarm.com
    • www.cinderhillfarm.com
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 12:29:51 am »
I hate complaining!  Yes, really!  And bartering or discussing prices even more so.

On the farm, the two things I most dislike doing are:
1.  Eartagging (especially replacing full grown sow's ear tags...  eeek!)
2.  Inoculating (I have holes in my fingers to prove that I am fully up to date with my Heptavac P Plus jabs  :D )

For Rosemary:

Taken one (unusually) dry day this summer - just for the pleasure of it  :sunshine:
www.cinderhillfarm.com

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 10:54:19 am »
Ooh dogs anal glands nasty mine has a prob with that to  :( & its never nice for them or us & ppd I totally agree with you on that ice 1 just bash it with the wellies or a stick all the way xx

HappyHippy

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 11:34:09 am »
My new one is scooping lumps of ice out of frozen water troughs with my bare hands (don't want to get my gloves wet!) :cold:
I've started putting on a pair of washing up gloves under my wooly ones, then I just whip the wooly ones off to do the ice breaking, give 'em a shake then put the wooly ones back on  ;) :thumbsup:

I used to hate cleaning the pigs out when they were in the shed and anything outside when it was slippy (I'm  like the opposite of a weeble - I wobble and then I DO fall down  ::)) but now I've got waterproof, insulated trousers and spikes for my wellies so I actually enjoy doing it.

I detest ironing with a passion and hate gloss painting, paperwork I have to be in the 'right' frame of mind for (or doing the insomniac thing and bored out my skull  ;)) but since Bruce is working pretty much full time now I'm just getting my head down and getting on with it (except when I moan, like now  :innocent:)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 01:39:25 pm »
i find a pint glass of whisky & coca cola help ironing  :innocent: :thumbsup: especially if there is loads can't say nothing about state of leg creases when i get towards end of the pint though!
mandy :pig:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 01:50:19 pm »
Shopping unless its for the ponies. Ironing.  Working in the wet and mud.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 02:20:58 pm »
Rodding blocked sewage pipes ::) .  That was this weekends house surprise.  Soo we shall have a new house like triggers broom.  Although I am having a quiet chuckle remebering husbands voice (as he stood watch at the other end) 'slow down!!!'      (Too late! - a blockage, once freed, has a momentum of its own) :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: .  He didnt get tooo dirty, just a bit splashed.

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 05:26:52 pm »
i find a pint glass of whisky & coca cola help ironing  :innocent: :thumbsup: especially if there is loads can't say nothing about state of leg creases when i get towards end of the pint though!
mandy :pig:

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: Would that work as well with gin and tonic? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »
Empyting the dishwasher,
cleaning out the hens
dealing with my son when he is in a strop
doing the paperwork
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/linda-mcdonald-brown/23/ab6/4a7/

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS