Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where is all the flubenvet  (Read 6575 times)

dyedinthewool

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Orpingtons and assorted Sheep
Re: Where is all the flubenvet
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »
Tried to get some at my local co-op and was told that Flubenvet has been withdrawn...!and not being made anymore, also told me it's made in China?
I only use it when hennys in lay as no withdrawel otherwise I wait until they've stop laying and give them a spot on.
You are never to old to learn something new

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:55 am »
I'm sorry about your Black Rock Bert  :hug:

Re Flubenvet this is from the Marriage's site
October 2012: Flubenvet® Available From 29th October

We are pleased to say that Marriage’s Farmyard Layers Pellets with Flubenvet® will be available again for despatch on 29th October, although we are taking orders prior to that date. At the moment, we have a limited supply of the medicine but hope that more will be available soon and we will not need to stop production again. We apologise for any inconvenience caused over the last four weeks.

September 2012: Flubenvet® Temporarily Unavailable

UK stocks of the poultry wormer Flubenvet® have run out and the manufacturer is waiting for a shipment to arrive. This means that Marriage’s Farmyard Layers Pellets with Flubenvet® is temporarily unavailable. We will update this page when we receive new supplies and apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime

And something else, from Urban Chickens
As many of you are now aware Flubenvet has disappeared from shelves everywhere. Elanco (previously Janssen) the manufacturers have now said that they are missing an ingredient to be able to make it at present! This is due to being let down by a foreign supplier.

They keep changing the date that it will once again be available for sale. Currently November but I think its most likely to be the new year(my opinion).

And someone else had contacted Elanco who told them it would be back in production around now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:20:05 am by jaykay »

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 10:11:42 am »

Fyi, I got an email from vetmedsdirect.co.uk this morning...
"Eventually Flubenvet 1% Medicated Premixture is BACK IN STOCK.  After its long awaited absence."
[size=78%] [/size]

Thrasher

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 04:32:36 pm »
Current issue with Flubenvet is that the EU want to make it a fully licensed veterinary product which would mean that you need to (a) be suitably trained in application of vet medicines & (b) can demonstrate suitable disposal methods for waste products. Only know this as I work with a lot of poultry producers who think that it should be a licensed veterinary medicine....although I'm not sure they have a valid reason for it other than to deter us lot from having chooks! NFU are to some extent in cahoots with this but it is still available if you speak nicely to your local farm supplier (Davidsons up here in Perthshire for example).

Personally I've never used it as there are animal husbandry ways of minimising the concerns re worms etc.

Trust the EU to cause a problem eh?!!! >:(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS