Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone Blog using Wordpress??  (Read 3261 times)

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Anyone Blog using Wordpress??
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:15 am »
After some advice on how to get started - I thought Id just be able to dive in and make a website/blog - but I cant!  We are soon getting a swanky static which we will informally  :innocent: hire out to friends and family for hols - so I want to set up some pics and info.   Anyone got any handy tips or pointers on how they learnt.  The thing I'm currently stuck on is that Ive selected a theme.... and the page I see doesnt look anything like it!!!!!  Agghhh.

quiltycats

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Ooop North
Re: Anyone Blog using Wordpress??
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:16:42 am »
Is it one of the free ones or bespoke? I use blogspot because its super easy but have tinkered with wordpress. My rule of thumb for anything that doesnt look quite right...deselect by picking something else, then if that works return to the previous choice.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:22:09 am »
 ;D  Thanks I'll do that!! 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:45:02 am »
Try webs.com to create a website with a blog built in.  Here are the ones I've done so far - for myself and friends.  You can call the blog anything - I've called it News in some, blog in others. Dead easy to use.

www.sultair.webs.com
www.aberdon.org.uk
www.lothianandbordersgundogs.co.uk
www.munstermunchies.webs.com
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 11:53:26 am »
Often when you see a theme demo'd it will be set up with all the bells and whistles options.  But when you first install it it'll be quite basic.  I use wordpress for all the sites I make/host and love it.  Stick with it FiB, you'll learn quickly!

If you have any specific problems with it I'd be happy to try and help...

SB

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 01:33:23 pm »
I set up a website with a blog a few months ago with Wordpress, as my brother (who knows about such things) recommended it. You pick your theme but when you're actually editing, you see a much more basic looking 'back shop' where you can choose all your settings. If you want to see what your public page looks like, there's a button on the main menu which says 'Appearance' or something like that. I haven't updated mine in a while though!

hth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS