Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice for teens (and others)  (Read 2277 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Advice for teens (and others)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 11:28:48 am »
 :thumbsup:  me too.
Mandy :pig:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:31:36 am »
Ha, I like it too  :thumbsup: though I can imagine some teenagers don't  :innocent:

You didn't ever dare say, when I was growing up, that you were bored. Bored meant you had nothing to do, therefore you were given jobs! And if my parents didn't have jobs (which with four of us was rare) we were lent out to the neighbours  :D

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 11:44:54 am »
A lot of adults should take heed as well! I could just picture my Dad saying those words, great stuff.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 12:54:24 pm »
have too agree very true  :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:02:09 pm »
I read that too and how many times have I heard people say they are bored......there is too much in this world to do and to find out to be board, people just need direction......I used to tip out the toy box or draws to sort out if my girls said they were bored, soon they would be looking at stuff that they had not seen for ages. In a smallholding or farm or garden or business, bordom takes a different aspect, there are jobs that need doing daily that are not fun anymore......put the fun back into your life by doing someone elses work, swapping for the day!!!! As a youth worker etc, I had to help stimulate Young people all the time and mostly it was very very easy....anyway, off to do some of mine, wish I had a teenager to help me sometimes !

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »
A good piece of advice. Think Ill have it enlarged as a poster for when thee boys get older  :innocent:

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:44:25 pm »
Ha, I like it too  :thumbsup: though I can imagine some teenagers don't  :innocent:

You didn't ever dare say, when I was growing up, that you were bored. Bored meant you had nothing to do, therefore you were given jobs! And if my parents didn't have jobs (which with four of us was rare) we were lent out to the neighbours  :D

I wasn't bored as a teenager, I was too busy drinking cider down the park.  :P

And I think my response to that statement would have been...not positive, to say the least.

Moping is what teenagers do at times, I liked the outoors, but I wont try to deny I spent hours in my room listening to 'shoegazy' music too.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 08:44:47 am »
"Only boring people get bored" was my mother's responce to boredom. My dad's was to put a thistle spudder in your hand and say "Boredom over!"

robbiegrant

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cupar. North East Fife
  • The Mighty Kroshka!
    • Exclusive Luxury Holiday Villa for Rent in Goa
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 02:38:32 pm »
Great! I don't do that facebook thingy so i was pleasently surprised I could access the image without signing my life away to facebook.

I used to do facebook but after reading their small print I closed and then deleted my account, what a hassle that was too!

Good article. Thanks  :thumbsup:
Cupar weather http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=cupar
Goa weather http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/43192.html
Escape to paradise - http://www.vaastuvillagoa.com

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »
I have seen this on Facebook and have to agree.  Excellent advice.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS