Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sickening in North West!  (Read 9409 times)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Sickening in North West!
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:31:00 pm »
Just read this :'(
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2232698/Thieves-butcher-pregnant-sheep-alive-Cheadle-Hulme-farm-raids.html
There are some s**t people out there. :rant: >:(  I know what i'd do to them if i caught them near my stock!
mandy :pig:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Sickening in North West!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:42:11 pm »
Good grief, thats unbelieveable. How can people do this.
I think if I lived in that area I would be spending the night in the field with my sheep.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Haylo-peapod

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:52:12 pm »
This is horrific and the people that have done it must be sick in the head. I really cannot understand how anyone can do such a thing and inflict such pain on a poor unsuspecting animal. If they wanted the meat why didn't they at least kill the animal humanely and then take what they wanted??? It makes me SO ANGRY!!!!

If I had my way I'd want to see the perpetrators have the same thing inflicted on them.

I wonder if the attacks have anything to do with Diwali?  If so let's hope that these barbaric attacks have now come to an end.

Laurasfarm

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Wigan
    • Laura's Organics
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:04:12 pm »
Oh that's horrendous, how can people do things like that.  It must be horrific to see that in the morning those poor animals and people

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 04:52:58 pm »
 :tired: that is revolting. Well, any eye for an eye ( or a leg for a leg if I had my way )

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 04:57:06 pm »
I'm speechless!!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:30 pm »
 :rant:  What kind of person could do that?  It's made me feel physically sick and too right Bionic, think I'd have to camp out with mine for a while.

rikkib

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:27:23 pm »
What the f---k is going on in this world what are these people capable of    I actually thought I was dreaming when I read this article then i realised it was a nightmare.    I commented before on this forum about a pig headed person my neighbour who thought it was ok and I was making a fuss about her un trained dogs baiting and chasing my sheep then killing our much loved pet cat  although I can't prove it.      So to hear about these sick people than can butcher and leave to die sheep should not realy surprise me

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:39:06 pm »
The article is very distressing to read.

However, it does not ring true to me.

If the crooks are ‘scrupulous’ enough to take only younger sheep as ‘otherwise it would be classed as mutton’, and are such skilled butchers, then they would know that one sure way to render meat unpalatable is to subject the living animal to stress before or during butchering.

Coupled with the physical difficulty of safely and cleanly dismembering a sheep, using butchers’ knives, while the sheep is alive and kicking for its life - utter nonsense IMO.

So at the very least, in my view, the animals must have been stunned and unconscious when the butchery took place.

It is still an horrendous story.

I wish the scaremongering sensationalist press would report only the facts. I feel that I have no reliable source of information, as I know that any story I read, in any medium (this particular outlet is one of the worst IMHO but there isn’t a one I trust), is embellished and gorified for the benefit of the sales figures.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:57 pm »

I wish the scaremongering sensationalist press would report only the facts. I feel that I have no reliable source of information, as I know that any story I read, in any medium (this particular outlet is one of the worst IMHO but there isn’t a one I trust), is embellished and gorified for the benefit of the sales figures.

Its the Daily Mail  - proud purveyor of hysterical nonsense since 1896.

It doesn't ring true to me either and its depressing how it only took three posts on here for someone to point the finger at 'the ethnics'....

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »

"It doesn't ring true to me either and its depressing how it only took three posts on here for someone to point the finger at 'the ethnics'...."

Some fingers do point in the right direction. It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read this thread, especially after reading the following on the BFF.
http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=76632
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:40:40 pm »
I wonder if the attacks have anything to do with Diwali
Why on earth should they? Diwali is a Hindu and Sikh festival, the festival of lights.

Muslims and Jews slaughter animals without stunning. But that doesn't mean they operate like this.

What these people have done is quite bad enough. We don't need to add to it by slandering people with no evidence.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:02:48 pm by jaykay »

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 08:25:46 pm »
None of this surprises me. But if I told you why I would be banned from this site but I will give you a clue. The same thing has been happening to swans for example, their caucus left on river banks. Fishing wire with hooks strapped across our canal banks to trap ducks. This kind of butchery and poaching all coincides with the opening of european barriers from the old eastern block countries. Funny how when one has travelled to some of these places, wild life is so scarce ?
Like my Chinese mate said today whilst we ate a bit of best tripe. "The chinese will eat anything with wings or legs, just so long as it ain't the furniture".
Different cultures have some very different views on food & animals. Unfortunately too many Brits cannot get their heads around it.
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:24 pm »
If they were skilled butchers, they would have killed them first. If it was for Halal or Kosher it would have had its throat slit first and drained of blood or they wont eat it. Hindus dont usually eat meat and if they do it has to have been devoid of any emotional or physical stress. Most Indians refrain form eating meat in Diwali. I cant believe the finger of suspicion always points towards entire vultures when the chances are it was some sick kids mucking about.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:58:42 pm by moony »

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 11:33:04 pm »

"It doesn't ring true to me either and its depressing how it only took three posts on here for someone to point the finger at 'the ethnics'...."

Some fingers do point in the right direction. It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read this thread, especially after reading the following on the BFF.
http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=76632

And on the same forum, most of the posters think this story is misreported at the very least.

Randomly pointing fingers based on ones own prejudices isn't going to help. Its like all the halal slaughter threads I have ever read. Most halal slaughter is pre-stun, and some kosher isn't, but people would rather bash muslims and know better than to air anti-jewish sentiment because we all know where that leads, don't we?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:35:28 pm by SteveHants »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS