Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat shed prices  (Read 5127 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Goat shed prices
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:01:55 pm »
has anyone purchased their goat shed rather than build it and if you have where did you get it and what sort of price?
We built the big shed but it cost over £2800 and we are in the process of building the billy shed
We now need another shed for the Boers approx 20ft x 10ft  cant be any longer as it is to sit on the yard in front of the stable block and there is steps up into the garden.
Building it isnt an option at the moment as there just isnt enough Hours in the day  ::)
Graham

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Goat shed prices
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:24:12 pm »
It's really tough sokel. Buying something ready done tends to bump up the price. I'd suggest a field shelter, different sizes are available, but for 20ft by 10ft you'd probably end up spending about £2k anyway. I've been looking at 12x 12ft field shelter, and for one that has what I want, skylight, kickboards etc, it still comes to £1052, which is still before delivery and putting it up!

Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Just wish I had time to build one then I could do it to my own spec. I looked on ebay for field shelters and TBH for what they are I think they are quite expensive  :-\

This is the Goat shed we built ourselves

Graham

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:44:28 pm »
That's a lovely shed. And having seen my sisters field shelter, yours looks warmer and sturdier. Although t be fair they did have to theirs as being mobile, which ruled out building.

I've also seen someone who has built their own shed out of breeze blocks- similar size and shape/style to your main shed. That did tempt me actually.

Our main shed was built for us, is 40ft long, 20 wide, and cost us small fortune. But it is built out of steel, corrugated sheeting, and wood lined for the bottom four feet.

Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 07:33:35 am »
Thanks for the advice, I think we are going to have to find time to build one ourselves, thats the problem when you build your own you look at the pre made ones and think they wont last 5 mins, i have seen some with only 2x2 framework  :o
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 03:10:05 pm »
I think you're right.  I would love a shed like yours.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:54 pm »
And when you've finished all your sheds, you can come here and build us one too!

Beth

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »
And when you've finished all your sheds, you can come here and build us one too!

Beth
En-route to Ballingal's you can always stop here to build us a billy shed too...

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:07 pm »
looks like i need to exploit a gap in the market  :excited: :excited: :excited:

sokels big shed does look impressive though!!!

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 07:01:13 pm »
Have to admit the shed looks nothing like that now, lots of chewed wood and all but the first 2 pens are no longer in there
The Billy shed is not going to be anything to that standard, just a basic 8 x 6 shed lined and with a stable type door
The boer goat shed is going to be on hold unless we get some dry weather, they may have to move into the spare 12x12 stable next to the tack room untill we get one built  :-\ as they could be arriving next week
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS