Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: capsicum question...  (Read 3760 times)

puffin

• Joined May 2009
capsicum question...
« on: May 29, 2009, 08:26:53 am »
ok, let me get the discalimer out of the way 1st:

sorry if this is a daft question!
:)

i'm just wondering how tall i can expect my capsicum plants to reach? 

i balcony grow atm and have 6 plants in med-lrg pots.  the obvious question of "what type are they" is answered by a shamefull "i dont know".  this year i've had to cheat abit as i thought i was going to afgan for 6 months (hasnt happened) so i've had to raid the local garden cntr and have used part-grown plants  :-[.  its a needs must thing really.

last year i had them in fairly small pots (around 5L) and they grew to about 30cm and didnt really produce a whole lot, if i'm gonna be honest.  now they are in, i'd say, 10-15L pots will (again, sorry for the daft Q) the larger pot help the ammount of peppers they produce? . 

i dont expect them to be giants or to feed the 5,000 i'm just wondering what kind of size they might grow to.

thanks for taking the time  :)

Rob

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
Re: capsicum question...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:40:27 am »
somewhere between 3ft and 6ft
Ian

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:46:45 am »
But you can stop them like any other plant if you are short of space/height.  Depends how many peppers you want/need from each plant.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

puffin

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 03:07:36 pm »
3-6ft sounds good to me, ;D fortunately i've got a fair amount of head room on the balcony!

as for how many peppers i want, the answer is lots - i eat loads of them and would like to not buy them in.  its my plan, i've planned it!   :D

thanks for the swift responses, any tips/advice to get the most out of them (and the tomatoes/borlotto beans) will be greatfully taken.

rob

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 11:52:42 pm »
They like tomato feed, plenty of water too.  and root space
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

puffin

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 01:00:06 am »
They like tomato feed, plenty of water too.  and root space

think i can provide those three, thanks for the advice  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS