Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What are you doing this month- October?  (Read 6118 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: What are you doing this month- October?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 01:51:37 am »
No signs of seasons at the moment, maybe because I'm still milking? Rowan trying to dry off, Ellie still going great guns :thumbsup:

Got week off in a fortnight, got to move about 30 bales of broken, mouldy hay out of the hay barn. Heart sinks at the idea since it will all have to move moved by fork by yours truly and I've absolutely no idea where it's going to be put to rot but wherever, it will also have to get there by fork and foot due to the land round the barn.  :-\

Then I can go and collect my hay (and pay for it  :o) after which I shall feel happier about the winter coming.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 01:20:58 pm »
Oh forgot about drying off. Still milking two goats twice a day, one once a day, and two every 2-3 days (they're nearly dry).

Koffi is supposed to be running through, but she is only giving a litre morning and night. It was always going to be a struggle to run her through. Comet is being kept on twice a day milkings until she goes off to live with my sister, despite the fact that she was mated this week. She's still giving over 4 litres a day anyway- prob about 4.5 in fact.

Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »
Our lot once they start coming into season they come into season every 3 weeks even if they are in full milk
Graham

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »
New Billy pen and shed sorted! OH is an Angel!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS