Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sick kid - unusual symptons?  (Read 4824 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Sick kid - unusual symptons?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 09:04:55 pm »
So sorry, Anke.  Even though he was destined for meat, it's still the loss of an animal.  :hug:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31:52 pm »
Sorry to hear the news. Just out of curiosity- he was vaccinated when he was the usual age? I'm just thinking if it has been a bad year, and wondering if it is worth considering giving six- seven month old kids a booster now, before their 1 year booster.

Beth

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 06:51:13 am »
Are you haveing a PM done......still leaning to Cocci. 
 Blood from the rear is very extreme and I would certainly want to know in case it is something more sinister.   At least this way....you might be able to prevent the loss of others.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 07:03:28 am »
Are you haveing a PM done......still leaning to Cocci. 
 Blood from the rear is very extreme and I would certainly want to know in case it is something more sinister.   At least this way....you might be able to prevent the loss of others.
We would normally only do a PM if a secoond one died, and cannot justify it for a meat animal for our private use. I have reduced the concentrate for the other kids, just to prevent any likelihood of acidosis. All seemed fine yesterday, just about to go down milking now.
Sorry to hear the news. Just out of curiosity- he was vaccinated when he was the usual age? I'm just thinking if it has been a bad year, and wondering if it is worth considering giving six- seven month old kids a booster now, before their 1 year booster.

Beth
Yes Beth they were vaccinated with Lambivac in July - but I have been thinking that another booster (I have just done the adults for their 6monthly) may be wise. The speed with which this happened makes me think like pulpy kidney in lambs - you usually just find a dead one in the field...

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 10:38:33 am »
Sorry for your loss after all your efforts :(

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »
 :( You did your best :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS