Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Always check your boots  (Read 7513 times)

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Always check your boots
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:41 pm »
Of course I forgot to check my boots before putting them on  ::)  Our delightful cats had so kindly left a rat in one of them. I jumped so high I'm sure I can qualify for the next olympics .
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Always check your boots
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »
Oh yuk  :D

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »
 :o 
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »
poor u, thats horrible.
when my son was younger, he used to pee in peoples wellies .... ::) ::) :D

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:26:45 pm »
He just wanted you to be aware of how good a job he does  :D

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 09:22:40 am »
I get paranoid that frogs will get into my wellies. Im petrified of frogs and Henry just loves to bring them in....alive!!! I found my wellies outside last week, one had about 2 inches of water in it, so now Im trying to dry them off!!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 11:36:12 am »
I hope it was at least a dead one.....

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 12:31:53 pm »
poor u, thats horrible.

We've always had to store our wellies upside down, I've got a whippet with an accurate aim :o

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 05:12:41 pm »
poor u, thats horrible.

We've always had to store our wellies upside down, I've got a whippet with an accurate aim :o

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

I did hear of a diabetic farmer who, needing to go and check the animals last thing at night, slipped his wellies onto bare feet.  When he came back in and took his wellie off, one foot was covered in blood.  Being diabetic, he had loss of feeling in his feet so washed his foot and checked carefully for injury.  Nothing.  He up-ended his wellie to see if there was a nail through the sole and a squashed mouse fell out.

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 08:42:35 am »
I've had a mouse in my wellies once too! And one of the big black beetles you get. I walked down to our shed with it in my boot thinking it was too flat to be anything alive, it still was though :P . Maybe I should bring my wellies in more!!

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 10:16:59 am »
A friend of mines cat used to poop in his walking boots . The thought of a cat balancing on a boot with that yonderly look they get when performing is a picture!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 09:33:20 pm »
A friend of mines cat used to poop in his walking boots . The thought of a cat balancing on a boot with that yonderly look they get when performing is a picture!

:roflanim: :roflanim:

princesspiggy

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 09:38:30 pm »
i gave a cat to a friend, and she regularly peed in the husbands shoes  :roflanim: (cat not wife)  ::)

aliceinwonderland

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Victoria, Australia
  • one day, i will live in my very own wonderland
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 01:23:33 am »
My stepdad used to travel a lot for work. Our neurotic cat used to get so upset when he was away, that when he came back she either pooed or vomited in his sheepskin slippers. Everyone else was safe, it was just his slippers.

Then again, this is the same man who accidentally ate some cat poo, thinking that it was a sultana. Hilarity ensued (at least for his audience). :excited:
planning to have: beef cattle, a house cow (or two), maybe some goats, definitely some hens and ducks, a lovely farm with rolling hills and a stream running through the back paddock, and a cottage covered with climbing roses and an old wood-fired stove.

anderso

• Joined Jan 2012
  • brokenbrough
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 04:21:29 am »
couple of winters ago I went to get some bird feed from the shed and found none so went and got some more --- went to get some feed from shed all gone (think OH had feed the birds) couple of weeks later OH went to get her boots and found a mouse had made them in to a food store all the peanuts had been placed in the boots.
when the revolution comes it will be a co-op

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS