Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Festival on BBC Landward this Friday  (Read 15927 times)

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
Re: Festival on BBC Landward this Friday
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 01:13:19 pm »
Karen,
Bunny + her sister are off to Shetland at the end of the month, will be adding her rossette along with her too!
(Bunny because she has a white striped bottom like rabbits have when the run)

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 11:47:45 pm »
We watched Landward - Rosemary, you were very professional, and the section on the Festival was very interesting.

We also saw the bit on Ronnie Eunson from Ustaness on Shetland talking about his Shetland sheep - we were looking out for his Shetland cattle and managed to see a few of them in the background. One of the bulls bred by Ronnie  is the sire of 7 of our calves.

Sue

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 09:38:53 am »
We also saw the bit on Ronnie Eunson from Ustaness on Shetland talking about his Shetland sheep - we were looking out for his Shetland cattle and managed to see a few of them in the background. One of the bulls bred by Ronnie  is the sire of 7 of our calves.
Sue

Yes, I was delighted to see Ronnie too and, like you, I was straining to see the cattle. I met him when we were in Shetland in August and he was such a nice man. And the driving force behind their new abattoir - he even offered me the drawings to give to the St Andrew's folk  :thumbsup:

robbiegrant

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cupar. North East Fife
  • The Mighty Kroshka!
    • Exclusive Luxury Holiday Villa for Rent in Goa
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 10:41:45 pm »
But it is not on iPlayeer yet.... :(

It is on iplayer now anyway. but i did have to search using the the world "landward" ( funnily enough  ;D )
Cupar weather http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=cupar
Goa weather http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/43192.html
Escape to paradise - http://www.vaastuvillagoa.com

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy ;)

HappyHippy

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 07:32:55 am »
Karen,
Bunny + her sister are off to Shetland at the end of the month, will be adding her rossette along with her too!
(Bunny because she has a white striped bottom like rabbits have when the run)
Is she going to Grindins by any chance ?
One of our wee boars went up there in February  ;) :thumbsup:
Bunny is a cool name, I need to stop letting the kids name ours  ::) ;D

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 07:50:25 am »
karen,
No a lady called Laura Jamieson, she had 2 from some of the first litters brought to UK originally!
Any tips for putting them on the boat?

HappyHippy

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 08:02:24 am »
The guys in the ferry bedded the wee man down in a horse partition, he had his dinner and slept all the way  ;)
We took a non tip bowl so he could have access to water (which they might still have on the boat ?) and straw (but they had some of that already) They seem to be quite practiced at moving livestock and everything went without a hitch. I had contact from his new owners the following day to say he arrived and all was well - so don't panic ! But get there in plenty of time (I think they like the animals on well before the people)
Good luck  :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 12:08:03 pm »
Our heifers came from Shetland on the ferry - the service was spot on and they arrived completely free of stress - it's a very good loading facility IMHO and the staff were excellent. If you are concerned about anything, call North Sea Ferries - I can't remember the name of the bloke in charge of the livestock - and they'll explain everything. :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS