Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Muckboots  (Read 17084 times)

sandy

Re: Muckboots
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 10:15:27 am »
My OH has MUCKBOOTS and I have MUDDIES, I live in mine, they are both comfy and waterproof and the bonus I can get them on and off fairly easily ;D

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 02:02:36 pm »
The best boots I ever had were by Landrover. They survived being worn every day for 2 years in the desert with surface temp of +65*C and every day worn in Normandy mud,walking the dogs through the stream and quite a few times in the washing machine. Can I find where to get another pair? Nah,rien,nowt,nothing zilch!!! grrrrrr ....... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

sandy

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 02:14:18 pm »
I thought Landrovers were cars, are you sure you were not wearing cars?

lara

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 03:25:02 pm »
my fave boots are the mucker type (the ankle boot version) when I had my horses I had 2 pairs on the go at once and they were worn day in day out
 finally one pair started to split after about 3 years, but the others lasted another 2yrs or so.  they had handy Velcro straps which were great so long as you didn't get hay on the Velcro,
  I bought them from newark horse sales from a stall and they were cheap - less than £20 each pair, unfortunately I don't seam to be able to get any more as the horse sales have closed down....... and no-one else seams to stock the same ones ..........bah humbug

sandy

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 03:36:31 pm »
Got some great shoes from a country fair, a Game Fair, but never seen them again and they are worn out, I could easily have Muck boot slippers ;D ;D

lara

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 09:23:56 pm »
Same here Sandy, I always tell Daz that my feet are so scraggy cos I 've lived my life wearing wellies all the time - well thats my excuse  ::)

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 12:18:39 am »
Try here Ree http://www.eddiesfootwear.com/3mensboots.html are these the boots you're looking for?

Morgan

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 04:10:46 pm »

Cotton traders have their snowboots out again! I got a pair of these last year and love them to bits- I have worn them all year. I'm getting another pair "for best" ie that can be seen in public as opposed to the existing pair which get used for tramping through the muck and sh*t.

At £40 they're not hugely cheap- but last year they reduced the price by half by the end of November, so if you hang on you may get a pair cheaper.

http://www.cottontraders.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=9097

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 05:55:23 pm »
I can't wear these unfortunately - they rub on my fat calves!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 11:00:39 pm »
Ah but I have fat calves too, and they are fine. They're not as tall as wellies, and quite big made.

Beth

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 05:26:38 am »
I got a pair yesterday from Cotton Traders Outlet store in Bideford.  I have very fat calves and these are great.  I've been wearing rigger boots up until now, but they are soooo heavy with their steel toe caps.

These boots from Cotton Traders are so light and comfie.  (No, I'm not a Cotton Traders rep).  Only £19.99 too.  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 06:21:42 pm »
OK, if Sandy still has the ones I gave her I'll give them another go - don't think she liked them as far as I remember.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 09:45:14 pm »
I'm off to find a cotton traders outlet now then!

Beth

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 07:36:11 am »
Ballingall, if you haven't got on near you let me know and next time I'm in Bideford I can get some and send them to you.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 10:03:51 pm »
We've got one not that far away, but my mum has bought from Cotton Traders before, and when her catalogue turned up, they are offering the same deal to previous customers, so think we will get them that way. I have to wait until the 5th November to get them though as they being bought for me as a present!

Thanks very much for the offer though Julie!

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS