Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Well done  (Read 10680 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Re: Well done
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 09:07:24 pm »
You did better than I did! I managed to buy a badge - it was said on the forum beforehand that they would be on sale (if I remember correctly!), but it took me a while to track one down... And then I wore it, but didn't see anybody else wearing one. So I didn't speak to anybody.  :(

Unfortunately we didn't have time to get a TAS stand organised, so there weren't TAS badge or t-shirts on sale. We time we will hopefully be better organised, it was towards the bottom of the list this year!

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
all good reports about this festival and no bad ones

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 09:58:10 pm »
all good reports about this festival and no bad ones

We've had largely positive feedback, yes, and on here wholly positive feedback so far, but it was our first show and we know there's lots we can improve on and need to improve on.

Robert has sent us some feedback on the pig show organisation which couldn't be described as good, and which we will work through.

We had some comments from visitors on the day about the lack of concessions for OAPs (which we will sort for next year) and some about the ticket prices. There are dozens of small but important things that we know weren't right that we'll work on.

If anyone would like to send us formal feedback please email enquiries@scottishsmallholdershow.co.uk or use the form on the Festival website at:

http://www.scottishsmallholdershow.co.uk/feedback/

And thanks again to all who came and made the most of it - too many of you to mention. :thumbsup:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 11:39:04 pm »
We've had largely positive feedback, yes, and on here wholly positive feedback so far, but it was our first show and we know there's lots we can improve on and need to improve on.

Robert has sent us some feedback on the pig show organisation which couldn't be described as good, and which we will work through.

We had some comments from visitors on the day about the lack of concessions for OAPs (which we will sort for next year) and some about the ticket prices. There are dozens of small but important things that we know weren't right that we'll work on.
We live and learn!  ;D
I'm sure no-one would expect everything perfect at the first attempt, we run a small local fete and we tweak it every year.
Really sorry I had to miss it, but sounds like people had a good day, here's hoping for next year.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:51 am »
You did better than I did! I managed to buy a badge - it was said on the forum beforehand that they would be on sale (if I remember correctly!), but it took me a while to track one down... And then I wore it, but didn't see anybody else wearing one. So I didn't speak to anybody.  :(

Unfortunately we didn't have time to get a TAS stand organised, so there weren't TAS badge or t-shirts on sale. We time we will hopefully be better organised, it was towards the bottom of the list this year!

Fully understandable - and if you need a volunteer to man the stand next year, keep me in mind! I'm sure a lot of TASers wouldn't mind manning (or womanning :-J ) a stand for an hour or two...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 11:12:45 am »
Fully understandable - and if you need a volunteer to man the stand next year, keep me in mind! I'm sure a lot of TASers wouldn't mind manning (or womanning :-J ) a stand for an hour or two...

You're on :-)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 06:05:26 pm »
And more hands will be needed to help in Spinners' Corner please!  Hopefully some spinners to help give people a go at spinning, and also anyone at all to just give the spinners a break (guarding the wheels from intrigued little - and not so little  ;) - fingers when no-one's there to help them have a go legitimately!) so the spinners can get to see the show, too!

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 06:13:18 pm »
Yes people are fascinated by spinning wheels but forget they are someone else's work tools  :( .  Covering them up, even with a bin bag, helps if you have to leave them, but a guardian angel for when the spinners are away for a cuppa would be good.

We mustn't forget that there is an active spinning group in Lanark - it's not part of a guild as far as I know.  I can contact them for help/co-operation if that is what is needed.  It sounds as if spinning interest is much greater than even a few years ago, which is wonderful  :sunshine:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Tiva Diva

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Scottish Borders
    • Thornielee Cottage
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 10:37:01 am »
Too knackered and busy to post before now! My OSB gilt and I had a great day, she had lots of fuss and attention, and I met lots of TAS people. It was a shame I couldn't be in 2 places at once: I really enjoyed showing Milly but it meant I missed out on lots of stuff I'd like to have seen. I did find meeting fellow TAS folk funny: "Hello, what's your name? No, your other (TAS) name?"
A brilliant day, well done to everyone who worked so hard to make it such a success. Looking forward to next year's already!! :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS