Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep scab  (Read 10414 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Sheep scab
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 07:13:19 pm »
I'd understood 'the license' to mean the period of exclusivity - so that other manufacturers can now make a similar product.  Or have I got that all wrong?  ::)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 07:55:06 pm »
NOVARTIS   VETRAZIN  seems to be for sale on many on line pharmacies

Declan

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Rathfriland, Co.Down
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 11:44:18 pm »
We've just been through this very thing- Weve now got it under control-
Closamectin injections- 2ml for lambs on day 1- also controls fluke. After 7 days inject again with 2ml Ivermectin. DO NOT use closamectin second time round- use Ivermectin only as there is no fluke guard in it. Its also an idea to treat with a pour on as you might find an infestation of maggots with flies being attracted t othe scabs and sores on the sheep- especially around the bum!!

Hope this helps.

Declan

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 11:50:53 pm »
I'd understood 'the license' to mean the period of exclusivity - so that other manufacturers can now make a similar product.  Or have I got that all wrong?  ::)

Yes, thats what it means. Novartis probably still hold the copyright on the name, but were the license to expire you could, in essence make a product that was the same chemical and market it. 'BudgetZin' anyone?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS