Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Been a funny sort of day...!  (Read 5169 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: Been a funny sort of day...!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:20 am »
They used to say cider was no good unless there was a rat in the barrel, the alchohol should have killed off any bugs , he'll never rot if you bury him as he was well pickled.! :excited:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »
I've got the mouse guilts again today...

Daughter number 2 informed me that the cat had a 'rat' in the lounge and that it had attacked snowball. So I started moving furniture etc to try and get this thing out. couldnt' find it though.
carried on with a few jobs then took hoover into lounge, as I moved one of OH's heavy duty speakers I found the very flat mouse where I had pulled it forward, mouse had obviously snuck under to hide and splat, i put it back down. I will not go to heaven at this rate. I am a bad mouse murderer this week.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 03:57:56 pm »

kill them all and feed them to the cats they are only there to steal the goats food!!!

bangbang

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 04:37:53 pm »
R.I.P. little rodent.    :bouquet:

This should be a warning to all rodents who drink to excess, and the picture posted on
all cellar doors.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 05:15:23 pm »
Reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when I went to bed - thought I heard a rustle from behind the bed, pulled it out a bit, listened carefully but nothing more, so shoved the bed back and got in.  Next morning was hoovering, moved bed to do behind it and found one very flat baby mouse. :gloomy:  Guess Rio had taken it in as a gift as the window had been open that evening. :cat:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 06:25:04 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

I only seem to find strange cats in my bedroom - and I haven't managed to flatten any of them yet!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 06:26:17 pm »
My poor old mum has just handed me a mouse in a large cup. She said "I know I'm slow but I'm really proud of myself as I managed to catch this one myself!!"

It was as stiff as a board!! daren't tell her that though  ;D [size=78%] [/size]
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 06:32:24 pm »
 :innocent: Well - a lot of people would run a mile when they see a mouse, dead or not... So good on her for "catching" this one!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 06:35:20 pm »
That is very true, Ina! She is also feeling very sad today as she managed to run over a large spider she was trying to round up in her electric wheelchair. Sooner or later, word will get out not to visit our house if you are a bug, spider, mouse or any other vulnerable critter.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 08:57:21 pm »
Think I need an electric wheelchair if they are good at zapping spiders.   :innocent:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 09:12:50 pm »
They also appear to be good at ripping off skirting boards, denting fridges, scuffing freshly painted doorways and running over the toes of annoying daughters. At least my mum's is.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »
I know about them running over toes.  I have several damaged nail beds dating from the days I worked with adults with severe physical disabilities.  The worst was when someone parked on me.  I said, ~"You're on my foot."  "Oh sorry," he said without moving.  Ouch.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 10:02:48 am »
That is very true, Ina! She is also feeling very sad today as she managed to run over a large spider she was trying to round up in her electric wheelchair.

The mental picture of that has at least given me a good giggle!  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »
Last night a large spider climbed the wall above the door and headed across the ceiling directly for me.  I had to run under it to escape.  When I looked back it had gone.  I  thought it had jumped on me!!!  Fortunately it had gone behind the curtains.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 05:59:38 pm »
Fortunately it had gone behind the curtains.
Is it still there?
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS