Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Decisions decisions...  (Read 9649 times)

the great composto

Re: Decisions decisions...
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 09:10:31 am »
have you never been stopped in traffic with too much pee and not enough empty water bottle and no way of stopping?

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:19 am »
heres another one, I went ice skating once with a friend, we were in our late teens and we had to catch a train back from London to High Wycombe in Bucks. Anyway my friend was so desparate for the loo and it was a train that didn't have a loo in the carriage, she went in the corner. :relief: :o
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/linda-mcdonald-brown/23/ab6/4a7/

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 12:55:52 pm »
When you've gotta go!! :raining:  :roflanim:

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »
one site i was working on in Glasgow  just before i went there it had been a few days of sunshine the local girls were out soaking up the rays and drinking    they just squatted down and let it flow peter the labourer was surprised at this not as much as the girls reply calling him a perv for looking

there is a pub in falkirk the girls bogs always have ques  they don't even bother with the sinks or corners they just walk straight into the men's        then again it is probably an Englishman masquerading as a Scot  and the sign put there to fool them :farmer:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »
Those designer signs on loo doors often had me bamboozled... Way back in the late 70s, I was desperate in a London pub and couldn't find the ladies' - it said "powder room" on the door... Never used powder in my life - not since my mum used it on me as a baby! And the first time I saw "laddies" and "lassies" on the doors here in Scotland, I was wondering whether the first was just a mis-spelling, and the second the loo for dogs?!

On a more serious note, I have suggested to somebody (in a survey on what would get people to walk and use public transport more) that the lack of public loos is one factor that seems to be constantly overlooked. Especially a lot of middle-aged and older people simply need to go more often. My trip to work (last year, when I still had a full time job) involved an hour on a bus, plus over an hour's walk, plus waiting time up to an hour, when the bus didn't turn up again... Sorry, but particularly in cold weather, that's simply more than my middle-aged bladder can stand! Whenever I did use the bus, I had to avoid drinking anything for a few hours beforehand, which meant that I was getting dehydrated with all the accompanying symptoms. The healthy option? I don't think so! I enjoyed the walking, though.

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »
Has anyone read the book "A book of Urine"  or something like that by Sally Magnusson. Its full of useful things you ever wanted to know about Urine  :roflanim: did you know that two bags of it have been left on the moon, and that it was used in the making of Harris tweed.  This book is a trivial pursuits of urine :roflanim:
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »
Has anyone read the book "A book of Urine"  or something like that by Sally Magnusson. Its full of useful things you ever wanted to know about Urine  :roflanim: did you know that two bags of it have been left on the moon, and that it was used in the making of Harris tweed.  This book is a trivial pursuits of urine :roflanim:

what, the same bags?!?

;)

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »
sorry mike, you have lost me, its the blonde hair you see  :roflanim: :-[

www.porkyquines.co.uk

JFDI

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Hertfordshire
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »
I was recently stopped in the street by two American ladies seeking a "bathroom".  I played mystified which was a bit naughty, and then said "Oh, do you mean the loo?". 

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 07:23:11 pm »
lol yes I have americans say that, very odd as we are so used to the words, loo, toilet

www.porkyquines.co.uk

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 08:03:49 pm »
The americans will ask for the bathroom, rest room , powder room - amything except toilet. They think that toilet is the action and will avoid using the word. Anyone for a "comfort break" ?
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 08:05:59 pm »
Sometimes in the NE of scotland you get 'loons' and 'quines' on loo doors, now that must confuse lots and even other scots ;D

robert waddell

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10:03 pm »
also porta johns :farmer:

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:46 pm »
No signs on the doors of a resturant on Istanbul but a bundle of rags burst into life and sprayed me with rose water or some such tut after I vacated the loo. What a great job eh - you can nap all day but when you sense someone walk past you can spray them with a smell worse than that left in the loo.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 08:32:01 pm »
What a great thread this is. Toilets from around the world! I hate the hole in the floor toilets you get in many places over here, especially motorway rest areas. I try and avoid them as I neve know which way to stand, facing the wall or facing the door. The only time I did use one, it had an automated flush and I didnt move away fast enough and got soaked. so now if I see them, I look for a disabled toilet, at least you get a proper convenience!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS