Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Decisions decisions...  (Read 9647 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Decisions decisions...
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:00:48 pm »
Oh !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Decisions decisions...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:59:44 pm »
When Dan gets his kilt, I'll make sure he chooses the right door  ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:21:57 pm »
See, I might wear a skirt at a wedding or a funeral.  Other than that, I've been in trousers or jeans pretty much since I left my last 'customer-facing' job (in 1989, since you ask  ;))  - so actually, I do often just pause to check... and once, on a customer site, got it wrong!   :D  My customers howled with laughter when I told them, and wanted to know who I had surprised (since it was the man at the urinals that gave my mistake away  :-[)  Of course I couldn't tell them - I hadn't looked at his face  :-[
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

JFDI

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Hertfordshire
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:24:54 pm »
Some of the signs in very "designer" places are getting a bit too subtle, in placement or symbol.

It was said that following the tsunami some Japanese ladies were just too embarrassed to "go" without the comforting sound effects of their hi-tec loos to camouflage the noise

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:13:52 pm »
Some of the signs in very "designer" places are getting a bit too subtle, in placement or symbol.

It was said that following the tsunami some Japanese ladies were just too embarrassed to "go" without the comforting sound effects of their hi-tec loos to camouflage the noise
I can sympathise with that. Im VERY particular about where I "go". NEVER in a public toilet, and only as a last resort at a relatives house, never a friend's.
I dont think Im alone in this either.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »
hole in the ground is enough for me.
good stuff tiz. :thumbsup:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 07:50:02 pm »
hole in the ground is enough for me.
good stuff tiz. :thumbsup:
:roflanim:
So reminds me of my Duke of Edinburgh days  :eyelashes:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 08:09:00 pm »
 :D

Me and the sheep in the field, all girls together, who minds  :D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 08:45:12 pm »

I can sympathise with that. Im VERY particular about where I "go". NEVER in a public toilet, and only as a last resort at a relatives house, never a friend's.
I dont think Im alone in this either.
I used to find it difficult, but after WWOOFing for a year, living in the woods with communal hole-in-the-ground loos (the walls and doors were sacking) and in a straw bale house with an outside straw bale that you peed on! :D, then living in a static with no services whatsoever - after that, I found I lost my embarrassment and can now go pretty much anywhere... between the front and back doors of the car in a layby, for one.  One of the people I met WWOOFing did a lot of festivals etc; she maintained that the best way was to wear a big skirt - "You can squat down, your skirt reaches the ground all around you, no-one knows what you're doing under there", she'd say!

Mind, I'm less keen on peeing in the woods after I came home with a little blood-sucking lodger...  :o
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 08:49:42 pm »
I remember many years ago in my nightclub days (80's) the was a queue a mile long for the ladies loo. I waited patiently behind a lady who i tried to strike up a conversation with to elevate the boredom. She had a very vague look on her face and wasn't really talking back.  Was she on drugs???? No she was peeing into a glass under her skirt, apparentely she couldn't wait any longer  :o
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/linda-mcdonald-brown/23/ab6/4a7/

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 09:57:34 pm »
I remember many years ago in my nightclub days (80's) the was a queue a mile long for the ladies loo. I waited patiently behind a lady who i tried to strike up a conversation with to elevate the boredom. She had a very vague look on her face and wasn't really talking back.  Was she on drugs? ??? No she was peeing into a glass under her skirt, apparentely she couldn't wait any longer  :o
I can beat that one - in the queue, in a nightclub, in the 80's (hey we may have been in the same one  ;)  ) someone rushed past me & jumped on the sink  :-\
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

bangbang

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 10:37:57 pm »
I remember many years ago in my nightclub days (80's) the was a queue a mile long for the ladies loo. I waited patiently behind a lady who i tried to strike up a conversation with to elevate the boredom. She had a very vague look on her face and wasn't really talking back.  Was she on drugs? ??? No she was peeing into a glass under her skirt, apparentely she couldn't wait any longer  :o
I can beat that one - in the queue, in a nightclub, in the 80's (hey we may have been in the same one  ;)  ) someone rushed past me & jumped on the sink  :-\

Hope she washed her hands afterwards.. :innocent:

JFDI

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Hertfordshire
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:08 pm »
I'm blushing at all these revelations :o

robate55

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Suffolk
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 12:38:27 am »
In a queue on M25 I once got a dog bowl out the back of the car & used it in the front well. Everyone realised but at least no one saw. Dogs weren't impressed though
Rose

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 06:58:21 am »
Using a loo in a bar or cafe is France is fun. A urinal is often squeezed in next to a washbasin that is outside the WC. I have had ladies washing their hands or using the mirror just a few feet from me whilst I stand to attention. One bar I use has no door between the urinal and seating area so you can stand and see if my coffee has arrived at my table. 
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS