Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Country File weather forecast  (Read 10313 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Country File weather forecast
« on: September 03, 2012, 02:19:31 am »
They said September is going to be slightly warmer than average and slightly drier than average.  :excited:
I am still in shock. Bring it on  :sunshine:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Country File weather forecast
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:32:02 am »
they said may june july august was going to be heat wave :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
i'm off to Oz to see family on friday so want a dry october when back please :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:
Mx

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:24:18 am »
I'd like to see a 'proper' autumn with crisp sharp clear mornings  not an Indian summer to wreak havoc on trade yet again....and a proper winter ;D

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:05 am »
no I must admit, I could do with a couple of weeks of heat. Today is lovely not a cloud in the sky. Just gives people a boost before winter me thinks
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/linda-mcdonald-brown/23/ab6/4a7/

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 11:28:52 am »
My swallows could do with a warm spell so that they can get the last broods fat enough to fledge before it is too late.

Greenmoor

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lancashire
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
We're still waiting to mow! Think it'll have to be silo this year though now  :gloomy:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 03:48:26 pm »
It was very misty here this morning but has turned into a lovely day.  I have been sitting outside knitting  ;D
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 08:50:03 pm »
They said September is going to be slightly warmer than average and slightly drier than average.  :excited:
I am still in shock. Bring it on  :sunshine:
Well Sally - they haven't got it right so far - it's been  :raining:  all afternoon  :gloomy: ::)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:01:15 pm »
It's been lovely here in Somerset. :sunshine:  I'm really looking forward to the next few days. :thumbsup:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »
I should just like to record that it was  :sunshine: here this morning. One of 5 days this 'summer' and I had to go back to work in an office  :rant: September is only allowed to be warm and dry if it promises to do it at the weekends as well!

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »
Yes I agree Jaykay, that's the only way our kids will get some summer.  Today beat the last day in August last week when I had to scrape the ice of my windscreen to get to the Lanark sale!  :cold:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 09:26:02 pm »
drizzle in the morning here in West Sussex then the sun started shining, been a very nice day, hope it may continue, lots of work to do and it all involves working outside.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 10:18:48 pm »
 :sunshine: :sunshine:  and nothing but  :sunshine:  here is Shropshire.  Long may it last.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 10:54:03 am »
..and   :sunshine:   but very windy here in the Scottish Borders.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 10:57:04 am »
 :sunshine:  & breezy - brilliant day to get the washing dried & cleaning-out the chook houses  ;D
AND ...
I'm gonna pick some more Rowan berries for my jelly  :yum:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS