Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 7247 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Market Report
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 08:54:24 am »
So glad it was so successful - as you say, the smell and taste should be all the marketing you need!  :yum:

You'll do great hun  :thumbsup: ; we'll be rooting for you!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:25:59 am »
Congratulations Karen and some good tips for others thinking of doing a market.
I don't eat before going to a monthly market near us. There are so many tasty samples given away and even the wine stalls pour you a full glass of wine to taste ( they evenhave ice buckets for the fizzy stuff).

Do you think that sales are related to location of the farmers market?
I have walked through a few farmers markets they are located in the towns usual market square and notice that the usual foot traffic take a sample and march on. My guess if people visit a specific hall or stree to view a farmers market then they are more likeley to buy than a passerby who just fancied a bit of sausage.

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 11:21:29 am »
I think location might come into it  :thinking: Maybe not directly,  but it's influence on other things such as

1) We were in a village hall - not outdoors, so folk wouldn't be put off by the weather.
2) There was lots of free car parking very nearby.
3) We were at one end of the main street and had plenty of 'passing trade'  ;)

All these factors combined with a hefty bit of promotion and publicity by everyone involved combined to make it a success. (We're all feeling just a wee bit proud of ourselves  ;))

Lesmahagow is a smallish village and the main street is generally pretty quiet (especially on a Saturday since most people go into local towns to shop for a bigger selection and there's a big Tesco on the outskirts of the village too  :-\) There's not a village square as such and I was slightly dubious about how it was going to go since it was the first one. The idea behind it was to draw more people into the village to boost trade for everyone (shops and individuals) and show folk they don't need to go outwith Lesmahagow - everything they need is here, even if they don't see it on the main street. I think that's why I was so blown away by the incredibly positive atmosphere and comments from everybody about all the stalls and sellers - very supportive and would suggest it's something that's not only needed but appreciated too  :excited: :thumbsup:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 11:33:54 am »
Well done Karen - Rach has always told you your products are good  :yum:    :thumbsup:
Hope this gives you a boost for next week - we'll all be rooting for you  :hshoe: :fc:
 :love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 11:35:51 am »
go girlie, so glad i got my sausages ahead of the rush!!!

:pig: :love: :pig: :love: :pig:

HappyHippy

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »
Well done Karen - Rach has always told you your products are good  :yum:    :thumbsup:
Hope this gives you a boost for next week - we'll all be rooting for you  :hshoe: :fc:
 :love: :pig: :love:
Thanks Lynne (and Rach for her comments  :yum:) I'm off tonight, back late Monday but have secured wi-fi access and am taking the laptop, so it'll be like I never went away  ;) :excited: :excited: :excited:

go girlie, so glad i got my sausages ahead of the rush!!!

:pig: :love: :pig: :love: :pig:
Just as well you did  ;) There's none left now  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS