Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Faith  (Read 4493 times)

suzanne@waterfall

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Bruff, Co Limerick
Faith
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:26:19 am »
Sadly Faith died during the night
She had a chest infection for the last two days, despite antibiotic therapy she didn't make it!
My husband hardly left her side for the past two days. She definitely knew she was loved and cared for.

I'm heart broken over her. She was such a magnificent creature.
In her lifetime she had overcome encephalitis, a broken leg, and an attack by a donkey while she was pregnant and left her paralyzed for 6 weeks.
She did however recover, walk in the fields with her son and enjoy what little bit of summer we did have.
Faith was a such a special creature.
Mother to Rosie (who died at a week old), Ben & Gerry (who went as stud animals to an organisation called Bothar who send animals to Africa they live in Co. Dublin and their job is to get the goats in kid before they travel to Africa, along with their cousins John & Edward) and Marty who is now getting on for 5 months and still with us.
Rest in Peace Faith, you were one great lady!
Suzanne.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Faith
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 08:44:58 am »
Oh, I'm sorry  :hug:

You certainly loved her well and I'm sure she knew that. She sounds like such a character - i'm glad you've still got Marty  :)

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:52:39 am »
Oh how sad.  She certainly had coped with a lot during her life but with you beside her she clearly had a good life despite it all.  My heartfelt condolences. Just remember the good times and take strength from Marty.  :bouquet:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:25:30 am »
 :bouquet: Sorry to hear about your loss.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:54:37 am »
Really sorry for your loss Suzanne  :bouquet:   It sounds like she was a much loved goat and right to the end surrounded by very special people xx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:26:27 am »
I am so sorry to hear about Faith......you were battling to get her well while I was doing the same with Jinty.  Sadly Jinty did not make it, but I was so pleased for you when you got Faith well again.  Like you said, at least she got to go outside again with Martin.  I know you must be heartbroken, but be proud that you did all you could to get Faith well again. :bouquet:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:08:19 pm »
So sorry you lost her after such a traumatic life.  :bouquet:
One thing is for sure, she was a very lucky goat to have landed in your home.    :hug:

countrywoman

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 04:19:30 pm »
A sad end but she was clearly much loved and cannot have failed to be aware of it.  Well done to you both for all your love and care after her recent attack.   

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss, especially difficult as you've spent so much extra love and care with her.  Glad she had some time in the sun with Marty.

A very special goat with very special owners.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »
As the Queen put it after 9/11 - "Grief is the price we pay for love"
 - and you loved that goat, we all saw that and it came over in all your posts.
She was loved, and she knew it. Nothing higher you can do for your animals.
Glad she went at home with her family.
RIP Faith

HappyHippy

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »
Oh Suzanne  :bouquet: :hug: Sorry to hear that.
Karen  :-*

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 06:47:33 pm »
Suzanne - very sorry for your loss of Faith - over the months have read about her and know you cared so much for her - so sorry she has gone - my thoughts are with you  :hug:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »
I'm so sorry for you, hope you have lots of happy photos of her on the fridge as I'm sure she loved you back  :-*
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 08:49:08 pm »
:bouquet: so sorry for your loss, alot of empathy here...
Little Blue

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 09:32:40 pm »
Sorry to hear that  :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS