Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: LOST ANYTHING ?  (Read 8787 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: LOST ANYTHING ?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 11:17:15 pm »
Oh my dear gods, terrifying.
I am no wuss normally but I suspect I am the biggest arachnaphobe on here. I am nearly crying just looking at the pic :'(

I bet you're not.  I couldn't enlarge the photo and I feel sick now.  I can't even look at pictures of ordinary big ones.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 11:29:06 pm »
Give me an aggressive share pei any day!!

Evil, evil eight legged man eaters are spiders. they always head towards me!
This thing is..is..is.  Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 07:19:40 am »
I am no wuss normally but I suspect I am the biggest arachnaphobe on here. I am nearly crying just looking at the pic :'(

I bet you're not.  I couldn't enlarge the photo and I feel sick now.  I can't even look at pictures of ordinary big ones.

I find it easier to just not look at that pic....

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 07:22:25 am »

I'm terrified of them too CW - I'm sure it must relate to a childhood incident (being teased with one or something?) but each time we get a huge spider in the bedroom I go into meltdown because I cannot bear to think of sleeping with it 'on the loose'. My 9 year old picks them up, has a chat with them, names them and then sticks them out in the garden for me and has done since she was about 4!

Mini domestic the other night because OH told me I need to Man up and catch them myself after I sent him a FB message to come and get it because I couldnt' leave the bed and he couldn't hear me shouting!!  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 07:24:49 am »
So, what happened to the spider? I hope you didn't swat him :(  Did you get a "Spiderman" out to remove him?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:46 am »
No, I couldn't kill one. I can't kill anything (apart from fleas and redmite, oh and bluebottles)

Well, he eventually came in the bedroom and said words along the lines of "oh for goodness sakes..." and informed me that Boris had been living in our bedroom for days and what was my problem. Then, he stuck a plastic cup over it and said "there you go, I've done the hard bit - YOU get it out". Oh my knees went wobbly at this point and I told him a few hometruths.

I tried to pick the cup up with a bit of paper but was shaking and muttering about how HE was actually too scared to do it and maybe I should pop next door to our good looking neighbour as I doubt he's scared of spiders.... Rather miraculously, hubby got back out the bed, lifted the cup and spider up and put it out the window. Result  :thumbsup: [size=78%] [/size]
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 08:12:55 am »
but each time we get a huge spider in the bedroom I go into meltdown because I cannot bear to think of sleeping with it 'on the loose'. My 9 year old picks them up, has a chat with them, names them and then sticks them out in the garden for me
Same here Plums.  And can I have your 9 year old on speed-dial for spider emergencies?  I'll send a taxi for her!! (but not Tizzala's with the radioactive cat in it. lol)  ;D ;D ;D
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 08:14:45 am »
Some of you may relate to my annoyance of the following 2 comment then!

'it's only a spider, it won't hurt you'

Thanks for that, I am well aware of the reason it is called an IRRATIONAL fear ::)

My all time favourite?
'it's far more scared of you than you are of it'
Well that's odd cos I have never seen a spider weep with fear in my life. If I'm so sodding scary why does it ALWAYS run towards me???

Fortunately for me Red-Dog is quite the spider hound and will do anything to get the crawly protein snacks  :relief:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 08:23:16 am »
Can definitely relate to those!! And no, I've never seen a spider that looks scared. Ever. 

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 11:40:56 am »
Colliewoman, you wouldnt have to feed Red-Dog for a week if he got hold of that one!

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 08:23:45 am »
Tiz, I think you should have put a spider warning in your subject heading - you've probably set many arachnophobes back to square one in their therapy.  :o   ;D ;D

Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 10:21:54 am »
Tiz, I think you should have put a spider warning in your subject heading - you've probably set many arachnophobes back to square one in their therapy.  :o   ;D ;D

:roflanim:

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »
Colliewoman, you wouldnt have to feed Red-Dog for a week if he got hold of that one!

True, I think that one is bigger than her :o
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 08:43:57 pm »
If we have a spider on the bedroom ceiling, OH has to go and get the hoover.  Can you imagine the scene?  There I am, OUTSIDE the room and peering round the door, while he holds the hose up to the ceiling, and me saying, "left a bit, left a bit, ok now."  If he misses and the spider runs, I scream and OH nearly falls off the bed with shock.  It doesn't help when I have to say, "Not that left, the other one."  (cos I'm dyslexic and have trouble with lefts and rights).

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:22 pm »
well....there always used to be the rumour that these kind of things come with bananas? I wonder if it left some eggs in a corner  :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS