Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rex  (Read 7554 times)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: Rex
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 07:47:05 pm »
Feldar I am sorry to here of your loss :bouquet:
I would almost guarantee that the myxo vaccine you had for you bun was given incorrectly :'(
With the old style single vaccine half was to be administered sub q and the other INTO the skin on the ear. Many vets were unaware of this, also it needed boosting every 6 months.

HOWEVER there is now a new combined vaccine that protects against both myxomatosis and VHD that is administered sub q AND lasts for 12 months.
If you were interested in one of mine, they come already vaccinated so no waiting for the immunity to kick in ;)
No vaccine is 100% and the old style myxo was nowhere near perfect tragically for you bun, but the new one appears to so much better :thumbsup:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 08:37:16 pm »
Thank you  Colliewoman i must confess after my  boy had to be PTS i vowed not to have another one. We are surrounded by fields of rabbits and i hate to see them suffer. I am going to disinfect this run and do some repairs to it then i will have a think about getting a neutered pair.
I do miss my boy a lot he was such a friendly bunny.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 12:41:55 pm »
No need to rush into anything, there will always be the right bunnies for you somewhere when you are ready.
People don't always realise how these little creatures find their way into your heart and leave a big bunny shaped hole when they do pass :-* :bouquet:
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

deepinthewoods

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 12:47:10 pm »
you do a stirling job with your bunny rescueing cw, really nice to meet them and learn a bit at the same time. we are considering taking a couple once i know whats happening with the tenancy.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm just sorry Geoffrey was in a strop and wouldn't come and say hi! He's a brat :love:
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS