Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetlands on Shetland  (Read 2756 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Shetlands on Shetland
« on: August 06, 2012, 05:07:00 pm »
Off tomorrow to look at Shetland cattle on their native soil  :excited:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Shetlands on Shetland
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:07:44 pm »
bring back lots of photos

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:36:58 pm »
Are you coming to the West side per chance? A rather important lady in the Shetland Kye circles lives there and I do believe you bought yours from her.  Over the hill from me and next door but one to Shetland Paul. I will be at the show on Wednesday so hope to see you there, so will Anke. I have left a message for him/her with my address so hopefully he/she will be coming for a coffee on Thursday. Sadly a man died going overboard on the Northboat last night and Anke was on it I think so he/ she will not have had a good journey :(  The lady in question was brought up in my house so she knows it well, I have her love life still enscribed underneath the wallpaper :innocent:  Hope the weather stays good, we have had a lovely hot day today and we are busy with the hay at the moment( what hay grew anyway!)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »
TBH I have no idea where we're going. We're staying at the Queens Hotel in Lerwick and going to Cunningsburgh Show on Wednesday. On Thursday, we're going to Uradale, Trondra, Quendale, then on Friday to Bridge of Walla, Brelwick Cafe, Ollaberry. I'm just getting on the bus and going with the flow  ;D

I bought my cattle from David Smith - I'm pretty sure he's a bloke  :eyelashes:

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »
Bridge of Walls is the nearest but the rest are way away from me. Thought you got them off Pearl, my mistake. ::)  See you at the show hopefully. Looks like you are going to have a good tour of Shetland, right from the Southend to the North. We are forcast a good week so enjoy!! ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS