Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Okay what show are coming up and does anyone now where we can get cheap tickets.  (Read 9530 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Depends what day, Linz, but I'd like to join you

any day am happy just want a visit as hubby's not in to country fairs and i don't fancy going on my own

Linz

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
made a note of this on the Calendar :)

Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Thursday or Friday for me
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
I would love to go to the Fife Show you can let me know.

James

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
I'll definitely be at the Highland, maybe two days. Dan doesn't go so Andrew and I went last year. I love it. Brings back all my college memories except they've knocked down the Herdsman. The sun seemed to always shine then.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
It was a tragjedy when they knocked down the herdsman and the chalets too.

For the Highland Show- Thursday is quieter in terms of the public, but there are always a lot of school children on school trips. Friday and Saturday are both busy, Sunday isn't bad especially if you are in quite early. I often visit the craft tent on Sunday morning as its still pretty peaceful until about 12. 

We don't go to Fife show anymore- its a bit further away from us now, plus this year we have 2 back to back goat only shows at Forfar the same weekend.

James, if you do go to Fife, go and visit the goats. There won't be many there, because of the other show at Forfar but Sandra who Fred was born with is going to try and attend. She may well have his sister and mum there. She does have transport problems- it will depend on how well her husband is if they can manage.

Central and West Fife is also on the 6th June.

I hope no-one went to Ayr County- it was a complete wash-out. We had to get towed into a parking space on Friday, and the goat tent flooded by Saturday afternoon. We waited it out until 6pm to milk the goats, and then they cancelled the 2nd show, and we all packed away and came home!

Beth

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
Quack quack
Linz

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
I'll be at the fife show, royal highland show and scone game fair with the scottish ferrets club, will be their most of the day unless their are enough volinteers to allow a wander round break.

mandy

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
Gardening in scotland on a the end of May 29th -31st

http://www.gardeningscotland.com/
Linz

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
Hiya all, had an okay time at the fife show, bit tiring walking, not many interesting stalls for me, a lot of what i would call rubbish on sale .

Now on to the highland show (i wanted to go to gardening scotland but too close and no money for both).

I can now only go on the Sunday at the show, I 'll be booking my ticket soon

Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
I'd prefer the gardening show I think - have visitors the week of the Royal and then off to France on 30th June.  If anyone wants to come to the gardening one with me let me know.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
Would love to but to quick a time to save up lol

Anyone now where i can get tickets for free lol

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
shame I didn't recognise you, but I didn't see a few people I knew that were there. Met Mandy at the ferrets stall and James in the poultry tent (surprise!), which was nice. I found Wildlife Trust and RSPCA really pushy for membership, you used to be able to chat with them without the sales pitch! Times are harder, I suppose. Also, in the poultry tent I would have loved a list of breed per cage number...Re rubbish stalls, my girls spent their spending money on exactly that, I had to look away... As events  in our area go, I do prefer the Big Tent.No feathered friends there though, but good music all daylong, eco stalls en masse, great entertainment for kids. Somewhere you don't mind spending some money. :&>

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
Thats okay, I didn't go in the the pountry tent as it would just want me to have chickens even more lol
Still fightting hubby for them at them moment.

I must have not looked interesting another or had any money to get bothered by the 'trust' people lol
Althought i do keep getting these stupid companies phoneing me up asking for me to give them so  much money a month.

btw i did have my fluffywelshsheep ravelry badge on lol

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 06:08:29 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Central and West Fife today was ever so slightly wet and cold! That field has no shelter at all in it. I hope the place they move to next year will be better. I did visit the smallholder stand, and was very kindly given some lettuce plants as I haven't sown any this year. I met Ally- can't remember her last name. There was also another lady with a Border Terrier that my other half accosted....

Sadly they weren't many goats there at all. Other than ours- and to be fair there are loads of us, and we had quite a few goats there, there were only 2 other goats, although they both belonged to different people.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS