Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Okay what show are coming up and does anyone now where we can get cheap tickets.  (Read 9528 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
okay coming in to the season of 'argicultural' show a neighbour of might want to go to the highland show and i was just wondering did anyone have any vouchers or code where you can get cheaper tickets for the shows that are coming up in the near future.

Btw anyone else planning to visit the Highland show /bus parties etc.

Linz

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
We always go to the highland. It's my husbands "idiot time" with his boys from oatridge! They relive their drinking youth, me.... I spend all his money while he's drunk. 3 days of eating and spending!!
I love the highland!!!!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Highland show tickets are cheaper if you pre book. Kids go free, which is good, but it is still expensive.

I'll be at the Highland all week, staying in the caravan, with the goats entered for the show! Excited already!

Its also Ayr County Show this weekend, on the racecourse in Ayr. Show open Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there from Friday afternoon until the show closes on Sunday afternoon. Unless I get washed or blown away by the weather.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
I'd like to go to the Highland, but don't fancy sitting in traffic for hours.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Go early then. If you get in just before 7am you don't get charged for parking either  ;) I'd even make you a cup of coffee for when you arrived! Still I suppose you'd need someone to look after the dogs if you were in that early.

Beth

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
The traffic is part and parcel of the show. Try get there before 9, that way you'll get parked closer and you can have a quick wander before the crowds start.
I've booked the good weather(hopefully)!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
I see the dates are Thursday 25th to Sunday 28th, and lo and behold there are concession tickets at wait for it .............................. £15.   

I'm off to France on the following Monday so would probably go Thursday - is it likely to be less busy then? You're right Beth, you won't see me as early as 7am - not because of the dogs - because I don't get a complete sleep with the trains running overnight so usually catch up till about 9, unless my four legged friends make their way through and jump me awake :o
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
The Highland Show is a place I have never been to for some reason. Strange I guess with having such a love for animals and all that goes with them. You never know I may just make it one year and ofcourse good weather must help.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
if enought people go could we get a bus ?
if not i can get an extra 3 people (squished) in my car not sure about all the purchases though (very small boot) lol we are thinking about getting roof racks so that might help,lol.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
We're members so I may have 2 extra members parking badges if anyone wants them. It gets you closer to the enterance!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
hopefully i'll have a disable badge so i should be ok.Anyone else want to fill up my car seats ? 2-3 spaces free. You may have to have all you goodies on your laps lol

Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Depends what day, Linz, but I'd like to join you

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
anyone coming up to the Fife Show on the 23rd? :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
details?  Would love to meet you and any other forummers going.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Kinloss just on the outskirts of Cupar, it's a one day event. Must go and see the birds, I really caught the bug now lol.

http://www.fifeshow.com/

Love to meet up with you, I'll ask James if he wants to come. :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS